YWCA Wheeling and Rhonda Hayes vs. Philadelphia Indemnity Insurance Company; Berry, Bippus, Chison & Foose and Carl Bippus
PA- Patrick S. Cassidy; J- Wilson
* Defendants knew Plaintiff relied on their expertise and advice in connection with its insurance needs and was under a duty of care in its relationship. Hayes was involved in an accident causing damages to a rental vehicle in the amount of $13,000. The YWCA has incurred costs and damages from Enterprise’s claim of damages and their credit has been jeopardized.
Case number: 10-C-16
First Class Realty LLC vs. Greg L. George and Martha J. George
PA- Michael E. Hooper; Donald A. Nickerson, Jr.; J- Recht
* Defendants refused to convey the subject property to Plaintiff free of liens. A deed of trust, in favor of Defendant Martha George, exists despite Plaintiff’s payment of the $280,000 agreed purchase price. Compensatory damages, for the $18,000 repayments made, are demanded.
Case number: 10-C-19
Wheeling Post No. 1 Home Corporation vs. Joseph M. Tweedlie
PA- J. Thomas Madden; J- Wilson
* Russell Rollyson sold real estate owned by plaintiff to cover the delinquent tax years from 2005 to 2008. Proper notice was not given to plaintiff and an order is sought setting aside the purported tax sale and deed.
Case number: 10-C-20
Brian P. Helms vs. Bernice Slifkin; Howard Edelman; and Unknown Heirs and Beneficiaries of A.D. Edelman and Betty Edelman
PA- James A. Byrum, Jr.; J- Wilson
* A judgment is requested stating plaintiffs have satisfied the terms of the promissory note vacating the Deed of Trust so that it no long constitutes a lien on the subject property.
Case number: 10-C-22
Evangeline Jobes vs. Robert J. Zaleski, M.D. and Zaleski Orthopedics Inc.
PA- C. Richard Wilson; J- Wilson
* A right knee joint replacement was performed by plaintiff on Sept. 19, 2007, at Ohio Valley Medical Center; subsequent cultures revealed MRSA. She declined a suggested knee amputation to pursue other aggressive treatments. Continual infections are claimed for the development of osteomyelitis. Confinement to a nursing facility has incurred along with financial losses.
Case number: 10-C-24
Carla Daniels vs. June C. DeVendra
PA- Quan S. Le; Don A. Yannerella; J- Wilson
* While traveling near Exit 2 on Mt. DeChantel Road, defendant went through a red light and collided with Plaintiff, on Jan. 29, 2008. A direct and proximate result of this failure to maintain control has resulted in injuries requiring medical care. A jury trial is demanded on all issues.
Case number: 10-C-27
Raymond Costain vs. Brian F. Bonacci and DeFelice Care Inc.
PA- Ron Zavolta; J- Recht
* Defendant Bonacci’s negligent maintenance of an icy parking lot on North River Road is blamed for plaintiff’s slip and fall as he exited his truck on Jan. 26, 2006. A compensatory judgment is demanded for his diminished work ability.
Case number: 10-C-28
Wheeling Jesuit University vs. Molly A. Latz
PA- Ward D. Stone, Jr.; J- Wilson
* Defendant was enrolled as a student during the Fall 2007 and Spring 2008 semesters and owes $21,478.10 for tuition. A collection fee of $7,159.27 has been added to the account statement and judgment is demanded for the combined totals.
Case number: 10-C-29
Randal Burghy vs. Michael A. Clark and One Transportation Service Inc.
PA- Gregory A. Gaudino; J- Gaughan
* Failure to yield right of way is claimed for a rear- end collision, occurring on Oct. 15, 2008, in the eastbound lane of I70. Plaintiff claims severe bodily injuries have been sustained and a compensatory judgment is demanded.
Case number: 10-C-30
Erie Insurance Group/ Floyd and Christina Adams vs. Anthony Angelo Mangino, II
PA- Bruce M. Clark; J- Recht
* A collision occurred on Apr. 15, 2009, on Main and Seventh Street. Erie has paid its insured a sum of $9,870.32 to its insured Christina Adams. They claim entitlement to recover this amount with interest.
Case number: 10-C-31
Motorists Mutual Insurance Company vs. Justin Thomas Mann
PA- Robert A. Flaugher; J- Gaughan
* Plaintiff had an insurance policy covering Douglas and Diana Hayes on July 10, 2008. Defendant committed theft to insured’s’ vehicle by taking it without authorization from a location near South Huron Street. Damage to the vehicle, in the amount of $4,249.16, was sustained. Defendant is liable to Plaintiff for this amount sought.
Case number: 10-C-33
Greg Givens vs. Main Street Bank, et. al., individually and collectively
PA- Pro se; J- Wilson
* Plaintiff claims he was held “without charge” for weeks on false information supplied by defendants. He claims this violation of his civil and constitutional rights have resulted in great harm to his family. A judicial request is made for a public apology to the American Native race and that his record is expunged.
Case number: 10-C-43
Harlen Zann vs. Mike Rossi and Bob Evans Farms Inc.
PA- Christopher J. Regan; J- Wilson
* Rossi drove into plaintiff on I-79, seven miles north of the Racetrack Road exit, in Pennsylvania. This incident occurred, on Feb. 12, 2008, during the course of his employment. As a direct and proximate result of this conduct, plaintiff is certain to incur future medical bills and lost wages. A trial jury is demanded on all issues.
Case number: 10-C-45