Jonathan Jones, on behalf of himself and all others similarly situated vs. United Bank and United Bankshares Inc.
PA – David Grubb; J – Evans
* The plaintiff is suing the defendants, a West Virginia bank and its parent company, for the deceptive manner it structures debit card payments in order to derive income from overdraft fees. Along with certification of the suit as class-action, he seeks unspecified damages, including disgorgement and restitution of all overdraft fees, statutory penalties for each violation of the state Consumer Credit and Protection Act, court costs, interest and attorney fees.
Case number: 11-C-70
Most Popular Articles
- Former Greenbrier deputy settles civil rights suit for $100K
- Actos litigation hits small business
- Class action filed by estate of man who shot self defeated
- Softball league goes for win against girl who broke ankle sliding
- Former Sophia police officer obtains $600K settlement
- Supreme Court to hear arguments against private lawyers representing AG’s office
- Home confinement officer accused of civil rights violations
- Charleston law firm must pay for malpractice case against it
- Former Wayne prosecutor accused of soliciting sexual favors
- State employees shouldn’t have to listen to a lecher
Reader's PollLoading ...
Tag Cloud2012 Election All Things Jury Arguments Asbestos Berkeley County Boone County Brooke County Cabell County Class Action Contract Discrimination Federal Court Financial Focus Greenbrier County Harrison County Insurance Jackson County Jefferson County Kanawha County Lincoln County Marshall County Mason County Medical Malpractice Monongalia County News Ohio County Our View Personal Injury Personnel File Putnam County Randolph County Sexual Harassment State Attorney General State Government State Government State Supreme Court Their View Top Stories Upshur County Wayne County Website Text Ads Wood County Wrongful Death Wrongful Termination Your Legal Writes
NEWS WIDGETAttention bloggers:
Add Record Headlines to your site!fast + free- click here