CHARLESTON — An Alum Creek man is suing Walmart after he claims he was overcome by fumes when entering its South Charleston location.
GRC Construction, Inc. was also named as a defendant in the suit.
On June 10, 2009, Dwight Graley was a customer at Walmart when he was overcome by fumes created by GRC Construction employees who were laying floor tile, according to a complaint filed June 10 in Kanawha Circuit Court.
Graley claims as a result of the defendants’ negligence, he was hospitalized and sustained injuries of a severe and permanent nature.
The defendants caused Graley to suffer physical pain and suffering; emotional distress; anguish; sorrow; grief; psychological and emotional trauma; and loss of enjoyment of life, according to the suit.
Graley is seeking compensatory damages with pre- and post-judgment interest. He is being represented by Michael L. Myers.
The case has been assigned to Circuit Judge James C. Stucky.
Kanawha Circuit Court case number: 11-C-964