Jeremiah N. Magers and Adrea J. Magers vs. Chesapeake Appalachia, LLC
PA- Joseph R. Canestraro; J- Hummel
* Defendants drilled Marcellus Shale gas wells on a tract of land adjacent to Plaintiff’s property. Soon after these drillings, the plaintiffs began noticing methane gas emanating from their well. Defendants have failed to provide plaintiffs an alternate water supply or compensate them for the contamination of their water.
Case number: 12-C-36
David Poling and Kimberly Poling vs. Wheeling Power Company, Utility Pole Technologies, Inc., et. al.
PA- Christopher M. Turak; J- Hummel
* Wheeling Power ran electrical wires carrying 7,200 volts of electricity to a utility pole on the plaintiff’s premises. On Aug. 5, 2010, plaintiff’s son contacted Wheeling Power to report the condition of a utility pole. At the time of the accident, Poling was mowing the grass on a lawn tractor when the utility pole collapsed. Among other things, he was thrown from the tractor and suffered 38 percent total body third degree burns.
Case number: 12-C-40
Nardone Realty, LLC vs. NSW Systems, LLC and Michael V. Nowak individually
PA- Daniel Balgo; J- Hummel.
* Nardone contracted with NSW for an illuminated sign about Dec. 7, 2010. The second payment of $4,241.75 becomes due at full completion. Nowak is liable for damages because he signed the contract both as president and sole incorporator. Compensatory damages are requested.
Case number: 12-C-42
Tracie Edge vs. CitiMortgage. Inc and Teays Valley Trustees, LLC
PA- James G. Bordas, Jr.; J- Karl
* Through 2011, CitiMortgage declined to assist the plaintiff with a meaningful loan modification and refused to explain the meaning of a minimal decrease in principal over an eight (8) year period. Edge, represented by counsel, continued to receive collection notifications, personally. Injunction relief is sought to stay foreclosure proceedings which would cause irrevocable harm.
Case number: 12-C-45
Constance Hawk- Richmond vs. William Millard; Erie Insurance Company, et al.
PA- James A. Villanova; J- Hummel
* On May 2, 2010, Millard was operating his Harley on Pine Hill near Sherrard with Richmond as a passenger. As a direct result of Millard’s negligence, Richmond has sustained serious personal injuries and is entitled to recover general and special damages.
Case number: 12-C-46
Glass Bagging Enterprises, Inc. vs. L.A. Pipeline Construction Company, Inc.
PA- W. Howard Klatt; J- Karl
* Plaintiff seeks to determine the validity and amount of a claim that supplied certain supplies and materials necessary to construct natural gas pipelines. A balance of $165,447.90 is owed.
Case number: 12-C-47
Dana Deem vs. Joshua Doty and State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company
PA- Ronald Wm Kasserman; J- Karl
* On Feb. 22, 2011, Deem was a pedestrian at the home located at Benwood Hill, when Doty negligently backed his vehicle in her pinning her leg between car and the premises. Deem, by counsel, attempted to make a claim for medical payment coverage with State Farm. Deem resided with a family member on Feb. 22, 2011, and is entitled to her underinsured motor vehicle coverage. Judgment for compensatory and punitive damages are demanded.
Case number: 12-C-49