David Daniels vs. West Virginia University Board of Governors and West Virginia University Hospitals Inc.
PA-David Grunau; J-NA
* Daniels was employed with the Planning Design and Construction Department of WVU Hospitals from 1995 until 2003 when he was asked to move into the Infrastructure and Planning Department. He was told he could return to his previous job at any time if he wasn’t satisfied with the new department. Daniels alleges he was denied raises during his first two years there. He was notified in 2008 his services would no longer be needed after the completion of the present job. He met with Human Resources asking about severance but was told there were no options available. After Daniels hired an attorney, he was offered a severance but was asked to sign an agreement stating he wouldn’t seek employment with WVUH for one year. Two years later, Daniels was called for a job at WVUH through the Local 152 Plumbers and Pipefitters union. He was fired by WVUH and claimed he was blackballed from any jobs at WVUH. Daniels is seeking punitive and compensatory damages, lost income and benefits.
Case number: 12-C-612
Most Popular Articles
- Charleston law firm must pay for malpractice case against it
- Former Greenbrier deputy settles civil rights suit for $100K
- Actos litigation hits small business
- Class action filed by estate of man who shot self defeated
- Former Sophia police officer obtains $600K settlement
- Supreme Court to hear arguments against private lawyers representing AG’s office
- Man sues Bank of America, JPMorgan Chase for illegal debt collection
- Home confinement officer accused of civil rights violations
- Mon County commissioner’s lawsuit against school board transferred
- Softball league goes for win against girl who broke ankle sliding
Reader's PollLoading ...
Tag Cloud2012 Election All Things Jury Arguments Asbestos Berkeley County Boone County Brooke County Cabell County Class Action Contract Discrimination Federal Court Financial Focus Greenbrier County Harrison County Insurance Jackson County Jefferson County Kanawha County Lincoln County Marshall County Mason County Medical Malpractice Monongalia County News Ohio County Our View Personal Injury Personnel File Putnam County Randolph County Sexual Harassment State Attorney General State Government State Government State Supreme Court Their View Top Stories Upshur County Wayne County Website Text Ads Wood County Wrongful Death Wrongful Termination Your Legal Writes
NEWS WIDGETAttention bloggers:
Add Record Headlines to your site!fast + free- click here