CHARLESTON – As a free service to its policyholders, BrickStreet Insurance will be conducting a series of safety training sessions beginning this month.
The sessions are part of BrickStreet's continuing efforts to promote safety in the workplace throughout West Virginia.
Greg Burton, president and CEO, says BrickStreet uses these workshops as part of an ongoing obligation to help policyholders provide safe working environments in West Virginia.
"Educating policyholders on workplace safety and accident prevention is always a top priority," Burton said in a press release. "We believe these sessions will be very informative, and we would like to encourage our policyholders to take advantage of this free service."
The training sessions, which will be led by BrickStreet's certified safety staff, will take place at the Safety and Loss Control office in South Charleston, adjacent to the South Charleston Public Library.
The remaining training schedule includes:
* July 12: Defensive Driving, 8 a.m. to noon; Behavioral Based Safety, 1 p.m. to 4 p.m.
* July 19-20: OSHA 10-hour course – General Industry, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
* July 26: Hazard Communication, Confined Space, Hearing Conservation, Safe Lifting, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
* Aug. 2: Defensive Driving, 8 a.m. to noon and 1 p.m. to 5 p.m.
* Aug. 9: OSHA 300, Accident Investigation, Lockout/Tagout, Bloodborne Pathogens, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
* Aug. 16: Industrial Hygiene & Ergonomics, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
In addition to the South Charleston sessions, there will be sessions at the Morgantown Ramada Inn. That schedule includes:
* Aug. 21: Defensive Driving, 8 a.m. to noon; Powered Industrial Truck, 1 p.m. to 4 p.m.
* Aug. 22-25: OSHA 30-hour course – General Industry, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Additional training sessions also are scheduled beginning in September and running through Dec. 14. The complete training schedule and the registration form are available online at www.brickstreet.com.
Registration forms can be faxed to the Safety and Loss Control Unit at (304) 746-0635 or sent to P.O. Box 18450, South Charleston, WV, 25303.
Individuals also can register by phone at (304) 746-0214. Because of limited space, those interested in attending must register in advance.