HUNTINGTON – A Cabell County business is suing Tascali's Inc., claiming the Italian restaurant failed to pay rent for a year.
In a suit filed Dec. 23, Perry Investment Properties claims Tascali's entered into a 10-year lease agreement in October 1995 to rent the ground floor of 5505 U.S. Rt. 60 East in Huntington.
According to the suit, Tascali's abandoned the property in September 2004, a full year before the lease was set to expire, and hasn't paid the $4,001 monthly rent since that time.
PPI is seeking damages of $48,012 for unpaid rent from October 2004 to October 2005.
Tascali's moved to a new location at River Place Plaza, about a mile east of the old location along U.S. 60.
The case has been assigned to Judge John L. Cummings.
Cabell Circuit Court case number: 05-C-1094
- AG's office files complaint against alarm company
- Morrisey praises USSC ruling on church rights
- Justice remand United Bank fraud case
- Dirt biker blames CSX, others for injuries
- State Farm agent sues over assistant’s job move
- Woman accuses nursing home of neglect
- Miner alleges employer broke law following injury
- Former judge alleges libel, malicious prosecution
- Couple invokes lemon law in Chevy purchase
- Customer blames grocer after slip and fall