Lisa A. Green vs. Bombay Company Inc.
PA-Richard E. Holtzapfel; J-Bloom
* Green claims she was injured when a defective Richmond Low file chest she bought at the store opened and fell on her leg, pinning her underneath it and causing her to suffer injuried. Seeks compensatory and punitive damages.
Kanawha Circuit Court case number: 05-C-2708
CI Holding LLC vs. The City of South Charleston
PA-Alexader J. Ross; J-King
* CI Holding claims it was deeded property at 235 3rd Ave. in South Charleston, and that the city has failed to vacate and is now trespassing. The company wants the city to vacate, be declared a trespasser and to pay the fair rental value of the property for the time since it was deeded to the plaintiff.
Kanawha Circuit Court case number: 05-C-2710
Dale S. Lahmayer vs. Markwood Dodge, Chrysler, Jeep Inc. and DaimlerChrysler Services North America LLC
PA-Anthony J. Majestro; J-Stucky
* Lahmayer, active in the U.S. Army in Iraq, claims his ex-wife bought a vehicle while he was on active duty in 2003 and forged his signature on the documents. He seeks compensatory damages and declaration that his is not responsible for loan.
Kanawha Circuit Court case number: 05-C-2711
Ruby Bailey vs. Melissa Powell MD
PA-Harold Albertson; J-Stucky
* Bailey claims Powell was negligent in performing gallbladder surgery on her, forcing her to endure a second surgery to fix problems from the first surgery.
Kanawha Circuit Court case number: 05-C-2712
Joseph C. Gacek III vs. DaimlerChrysler Corp. and Bill Forbes Chevrolet Inc.
PA-John W. Barrett; J-Kaufman
* Gacek says the 2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee he bought in February is a lemon. He wants the contract canceled and damages to be determined by a jury.
Kanawha Circuit Court case number: 05-C-2713
21st Mortgage Corporation vs. Scott A Breeding
PA-Timothy J. Amos (P'burg); J-Stucky
* Defendant lives in a 2005 Fleetwood mobile home in Nitro. He got a $32,423.37 loan from the plainiff and used the home as collateral. He's not delinquent, and the company wants to repossess the home.
Kanawha Circuit Court case number: 05-C-2716
Charles Clark and Samantha Clark, his wife vs. Joann Tincher
PA-Clinton W.Smith; J-Berger
* The Clarks says Tincher evicted them from rental property on Oct. 1, 2004, and threw belongings in the street and that some articles were missing.
Kanawha Circuit Court case number: 05-C-2719
Claire Lynon vs. The City of South Charleston
PA-Lonnie C. Simmons; J-Kaufman
* Lynon says she was a victim of invasion of privacy when she was using a tanning bed at the South Charleston Community Center. She claims someone used a mirror in a vent to watch her as she used the tanning bed.
Kanawha Circuit Court case number: 05-C-2721
- Morrisey to meet with state law firms
- Forums allow a chance to interact with Business Court
- Justices say injury was not caused by accident at work
- State Supreme Court affirms Office of Judges decision
- Walker shares her conservative vision for state Supreme Court
- U.S. Chamber urges Tomblin to sign AG 'sunshine bill'
- Couple accuse General Motors of selling defective truck
- Landowners cite breach of contract against CLS Group over mineral leases
- Woman accuses Family Dollar of retaliatory discharge
- Nursing home faces suit alleging wrongful death