CHARLESTON – A South Carolina man has sued for damages as a result of a 2005 accident on the West Virginia Turnpike.
Brad K. High filed the lawsuit Jan. 12 in Kanawha Circuit Court.
In the suit, he alleges a North Carolina trucking company, an Indiana firm and their two drivers are to blame for injuries he sustained in an accident July 7, 2005, on Interstate 77/64 near Chelyan.
High, who lives in Chesnee, S.C., says Charles E. Rivers and Daniel S. Titzer caused the accident. Rivers of Greensboro, N.C., was the owner and operator of a 1995 International tractor trailer. Titzer of Newburgh, Ind., was driving a 2003 Volvo tractor trailer owned by J.H.O.C. Inc.
As a result of the accident, High says he suffered various injuries, including a compression fracture to his neck at C-6. This, the suit alleges, prevented him from transacting his business and caused him to suffer great pain of body and mind, to incur medical expenses of amounts not yet fully known and to suffer great annoyance and inconvenience, all of which are permanent.
In the suit, filed by former Kanawha County prosecutor Michael T. Clifford, High seeks a judgment to reasonably compensate him and a jury trial.
The case has been assigned to Circuit Judge Jim Stucky.
Kanawha Circuit Court case number: 06-C-53
- Federal jury awards $1.6M to Ohio woman in DuPont C8 lawsuit
- Traders Bank sues to recover allegedly unpaid portion of loan
- Mining companies sued after Justice man suffers severe head trauma in workplace accident
- Couple files suit to recoup costs to fix allegedly shoddy renovation work
- Woman sues chief correctional officer over sexual abuse claims
- Former inmate sues Correctional Facility Authority for copies of videos and photos
- Kanawha Co. woman sues Rite Aid, claiming botched drug prescriptions
- Ex-employee of Huntington Bancshares sues over alleged sexual harassment, termination
- Therapist sues Select Specialty Hospital, alleging FMLA violation
- Laboratory Corp. of America warehouse worker claims he was terminated due to disability, age