Shirley Allen and Bud Allen Jr. vs. Charleston Area Medical Center Inc., Kourosh Ghalili M.D., Mayez El-Harake M.D., Jebran Karam M.D., Marie Boustani M.D.
PA-Wayne Evans; J-Walker
* A Wyoming County couple says CAMC and the four medical specialists left the woman paraplegic because vital information about her blood clotting disorder was not relayed to her surgeon prior to an aneurysm operation.
Case number: 06-C-87
Steven W. Walker, executor for the Estate of John Wesley Walker, and Gail Walker, individually vs. Mark A. Hughes M.D.
PA-Shannon M. Bland; J-Kaufman
* The plaintiffs say Hughes, a psychiatrist, didn't properly treat John Wesley Walker, and that it led to his suicide.
Case number: 06-C-90
Paul D. Whanger and Cynthia L. Whanger vs. Keystone RV Company (Goshen Ind)
PA-Samuel F. Hanna; J-Stucky
* Plaintiffs bought a Montana Fifth Wheel made by the Indiana-based defendant, but they say it has numerous problems. They allowed Keystone to try to fix the problems, but without success.
Case number: 06-C-92
Amy Fuller vs. CS Hotels Limited Partnership, dba Holiday Inn Charleston House, Columbia Sussex Corporation dba Holiday Inn Charleston House, Columbia Properties Charleston LLC dba Holiday Inn Charleston House and Holiday In Charleston House LLC
PA-D. Scott Tyree; J-Bloom
* Fuller says the hotel is responsible for her falling on its icy parking lot, leading to severe and permanent injuries.
Case number: 06-C-94
Sarah Smith vs. Ford Motor Company
PA-Rudolph L. DiTrapano and Richard S. Han; J-Zakaib
* Smith says Ford knew or should have known about the defect that caused her seatbelt to fail to restrain her in a 2004 accident. She seeks compensatory and punitive damages.
Case number: 06-C-95
Albert W. Lacy vs. Kris H. Mills, Carl W. Heidenreich and Betty S. Heidenreich
PA-Shannon M. Bland; J-Zakaib
* The Charleston man says Mills was driving a car owned by the Heidenreichs of South Charleston negligently, causing an accident. He sues jointly and severally for compensatory damages of $250,000.
Case number: 06-C-100
Charles Largent and Sandra Largent vs. American Biltrite et al.
PA-Christopher J. McCarthy; J-visiting judge
* A Michigan man and his wife are suing 39 defendants, claiming he developed mesothelioma after being exposed to asbestos while working as a laborer and floor tiler in West Virginia.
Case number: 06-C-104
Blackburn Pre-Owned Autos LLC and Whittaker LLC vs. Linda Blackburn
PA-Norman T. Daniels Jr.; J-Walker
* Two firms owned by Powerball winner Jack Whittaker say the Beckley woman, in a variety of ways, is guilty of fraud while running the used car company.
Case number: 06-C-105
Jamie McClung and Michael McClung vs. Laboratory Corporation of American dba Lab Corp, Laboratory Corporation of American Holdings, Rainelle Medical Center Inc and Joan W. Worthington D.O.
PA-Arden J. Curry II; J-Bloom
* The couple says negligent readings of pap tests caused cancer in Jamie McClung to be diagnosed late, causing her more invasive treatment. They say it also left her unable to have more children.
Case number: 06-C-106
Sabrina Osborne vs. Walter Hall individually and dba Cost Cutters Family Hair Care, and Hairco Inc.
PA-Michael J. Del Giudice and Jason C. Workman; J-King
* The Logan County woman says she was a victim of racial discrimination. She says the defendants refused to give her a job application because she is black.
Case number: 06-C-108