Universal Credit Union v. Hiram Moore and Ardith M. Moore
PA-Michael T. Hogan PA-John L. Cummings
* Universal Credit Union issued a loan to Marshall University football player Hiram Moore for a 2001 GMC Yukon Denali. Moore agreed to make monthly payments of $459.80 in repayment of the loan. The suit claims Moore has been unable to perfect the purchase money security interest. Universal has demanded possession of the vehicle but the Defendants have refused to surrender it. Universal is seeking possession of the SUV.
Case number: 06-C-250
James J. Weiler & Sons, Inc. and Dixon Electrical Systems & Contracting, Inc. v. Terry Tiffany d/b/a Phoenix Development
PA- R. R. Fredeking J-John L. Cummings
* Weiler and Dixon are suing Tiffany after the two companies were subcontracted to performed construction work on a Budget Discount Pharmacy on Norway Avenue. The companies installed handrails and performed electrical work that totals nearly $50,000. Weiler and Dixon are seeking compensatory damages.
Case number: 06-C-257
Brian Callicoat v. Home Depot U.S.A., Inc. Ronald Wells
PA-David Grubb and Kristina Thomas Whiteaker J-John L. Cummings
* Callicoat is suing Home Depot claiming the company violated the terms of the Family and Medical Leave Act. Callicoat's wife experienced medical complications with her pregnancy, frequently causing Callicoat to be absent. He is seeking reinstatement, back pay and compensatory damages.
Case number: 06-C-259
- Disabled woman accuses federal prison where she worked of discrimination
- Drug company cuts off supply to Mingo Co. pharmacy
- Justices: Board of review relied on misstatement, mischaracterization
- Man accuses John Skidmore Development of workers’ comp discrimination
- Police officer sues City of Kenova for forcing him to quit
- Woman accuses 3D Construction of discrimination, invasion of privacy
- Wayne Co. man sues Mountaineer Contractors for breach
- Woman says Nytis Exploration violated state code
- Panel reviews public financing complaints in Supreme Court race
- Steptoe & Johnson will sponsor North American Prospect Expo in Houston