Universal Credit Union v. Hiram Moore and Ardith M. Moore
PA-Michael T. Hogan PA-John L. Cummings
* Universal Credit Union issued a loan to Marshall University football player Hiram Moore for a 2001 GMC Yukon Denali. Moore agreed to make monthly payments of $459.80 in repayment of the loan. The suit claims Moore has been unable to perfect the purchase money security interest. Universal has demanded possession of the vehicle but the Defendants have refused to surrender it. Universal is seeking possession of the SUV.
Case number: 06-C-250
James J. Weiler & Sons, Inc. and Dixon Electrical Systems & Contracting, Inc. v. Terry Tiffany d/b/a Phoenix Development
PA- R. R. Fredeking J-John L. Cummings
* Weiler and Dixon are suing Tiffany after the two companies were subcontracted to performed construction work on a Budget Discount Pharmacy on Norway Avenue. The companies installed handrails and performed electrical work that totals nearly $50,000. Weiler and Dixon are seeking compensatory damages.
Case number: 06-C-257
Brian Callicoat v. Home Depot U.S.A., Inc. Ronald Wells
PA-David Grubb and Kristina Thomas Whiteaker J-John L. Cummings
* Callicoat is suing Home Depot claiming the company violated the terms of the Family and Medical Leave Act. Callicoat's wife experienced medical complications with her pregnancy, frequently causing Callicoat to be absent. He is seeking reinstatement, back pay and compensatory damages.
Case number: 06-C-259
- AG's office files complaint against alarm company
- Morrisey praises USSC ruling on church rights
- Justice remand United Bank fraud case
- Dirt biker blames CSX, others for injuries
- State Farm agent sues over assistant’s job move
- Woman accuses nursing home of neglect
- Miner alleges employer broke law following injury
- Former judge alleges libel, malicious prosecution
- Couple invokes lemon law in Chevy purchase
- Customer blames grocer after slip and fall