Universal Credit Union v. Hiram Moore and Ardith M. Moore
PA-Michael T. Hogan PA-John L. Cummings
* Universal Credit Union issued a loan to Marshall University football player Hiram Moore for a 2001 GMC Yukon Denali. Moore agreed to make monthly payments of $459.80 in repayment of the loan. The suit claims Moore has been unable to perfect the purchase money security interest. Universal has demanded possession of the vehicle but the Defendants have refused to surrender it. Universal is seeking possession of the SUV.
Case number: 06-C-250
James J. Weiler & Sons, Inc. and Dixon Electrical Systems & Contracting, Inc. v. Terry Tiffany d/b/a Phoenix Development
PA- R. R. Fredeking J-John L. Cummings
* Weiler and Dixon are suing Tiffany after the two companies were subcontracted to performed construction work on a Budget Discount Pharmacy on Norway Avenue. The companies installed handrails and performed electrical work that totals nearly $50,000. Weiler and Dixon are seeking compensatory damages.
Case number: 06-C-257
Brian Callicoat v. Home Depot U.S.A., Inc. Ronald Wells
PA-David Grubb and Kristina Thomas Whiteaker J-John L. Cummings
* Callicoat is suing Home Depot claiming the company violated the terms of the Family and Medical Leave Act. Callicoat's wife experienced medical complications with her pregnancy, frequently causing Callicoat to be absent. He is seeking reinstatement, back pay and compensatory damages.
Case number: 06-C-259
- Former owner of Daily Mail claims Gazette pushed merger without consent
- Woman sues Elder-Beerman, claiming injuries as a result of falling in store
- Kmart sued by woman claiming she was injured in trip and fall
- Man sues claiming traumatic injuries due to the collapse of apartment ceiling
- Woman sues claiming severe injuries from elevator malfunction.
- Charleston man sues debt-collecting law firm for its practices
- Clarksburg woman says city wrongfully listed home to be demolished
- Discrimination case against Andersen Windows goes to federal court
- Age discrimination suit voluntarily dismissed from federal court
- Kanawha Co. apartment owner settles sexual harassment suit