Charles Rose and Valerie Rose vs. Amy Roupe and Michael Roupe
PA-C. Richard Wilson; J-Madden
* The Roses claim that the Roupes son negligently and/or intentionally struck their son Christopher about the face with a hockey stick. The incident caused their son to incur injuries to his teeth, gums, and nerves. They seek compensatory damages as well as compensation for their son's medical expenses.
Case number: 06-C-86
Thomas A. Bock and Erie Insurance Property and Casualty Company vs. General Motors Corporation
PA-Ronald Wm. Kasserman; J-Madden
* Bock bought a 2004 Chevrolet Silverado that caught fire in his garage when he attempted to use an engine block heater. The fire destroyed the vehicle as well as all of the possessions he had stored in his garage. He and Erie Insurance Property and Casualty Company claim that the vehicle was dangerous and unsafe for its intended use. They seek compensation for the cost of the vehicle, the other possessions lost in the fire, and property damage.
Case number: 06-C-88
Juanita Guzek and Benjamin Guzek vs. Teletech Corporation
PA-Nicholas A. Wininsky; J-Karl
* Teletech Corporation terminated Mrs. Gusek's contract after her six years of employment with the company and her recent promotion. She suffered a heart attack on the job, and as she received worker's compensation and time off, Teletech fired her. She claims that this action was illegal on the grounds of discrimination against the disabled as well as in violation of West Virginia Code. She seeks compensatory damages.
Case number: 06-C-89
National Check Bureau, Inc. vs. Thomas A. Cunningham
PA-Janell L. Duncan; J-Karl
* Cunningham owes National Check Bureau a debt of $12,215.93 plus 24.99% interest in the amount of $8,256.76 for a total of $20,472.69. National Check Bureau seeks compensation for the combined amount.
Case number: 06-C-91
Edward Jeffery vs. McElroy Coal Company and Industrial Contracting of Fairmont, Inc.
PA-Harry M. Hatfield; J-Madden
* Jeffery fell at his place of employment, McElroy Coal Company, while carrying a heavy oxygen tank on his shoulder. He tripped over a large mass of debris while passing through a doorway and was severely injured in the fall. He seeks compensatory damages as well as compensation for all medical expenses incurred.
Case number: 06-C-92
Howard Henry d/b/a Henry's Truck and Auto Center vs. Danny Lee Camerlin
PA-Rodney T. Berry; J-Madden
* The two parties were involved in an automobile accident which Henry claims was a direct result of carelessness and negligence on the part of Camerlin. Henry seeks compensatory damages in the amount of $6,900.00 and compensation for the cost of towing his car -- $450.00.
Case number: 06-C-94
Donald J. Howard vs. Larry Howard
PA-Ronald Wm. Kasserman; J-Karl
* The two parties were boating on a fishing trip when Donald Howard asked Larry Howard to slow down the speed of the boat due to his neck condition. Larry Howard refused, ultimately causing Donald Howard a severe neck injury. Donald Howard seeks compensatory damages including compensation for medical expenses.
Case number: 06-C-95
Winnie Lou Murrin and Ronne D. Murrin vs. Elizabeth Frohnapfel and Roger B. Mercer
PA-Crystal H. Castleberry; J-Madden
* The two parties were involved in an automobile accident which the Murrin's claim was a direct result of carelessness, negligence, and recklessness on the parts of Frohnapfel and Mercer. The plaintiffs were severely injured, incurring medical expenses in excess of $40,000.00. They seek compensatory damages as well as compensation for medical expenses.
Case number: 06-C-96
Steven Headley vs. Evelyn Seifert
PA-pro se ;J-Madden
* Petition of habeas corpus. Seifert is a warden of a West Virginia Correctional Facility.
Case number: 06-C-97
- Morrisey: States have no legal obligation to comply with halted Clean Power Plan
- Legal assistant loses 110 pounds, makes it on magazine cover
- Man blames state DOH for Mingo Co. accident
- Justices order new 'in camera' review of documents
- Morrisey to meet with state law firms
- Landowners accuse Capital Land Services, others of breach of mineral lease contracts
- Worker injured on construction project alleges Triton violated safety standards
- Bank officer accuses MetLife of refusing to honor her disability claim
- Customer blames casino for torn rotator cuff in slip-and-fall incident
- Tobacco-shops firm accused of defaulting on note