MOUNDSVILLE - Two Marshall County parents are suing the parents of a child who allegedly struck theirs in the face with a hockey stick.
Charles Rose and Valerie Rose say Daniel Roupe hit their son Christopher more than two years ago and listed Roupe's parents, Amy and Michael, as defendants in a lawsuit filed April 5 in Marshall Circuit Court.
"On or about April 5, 2004, the son and/or stepson of the defendants, namely Daniel Roupe, negligent and/or intentionally struck Christopher W. Rose, a minor, about the face with a hockey stick," the complaint says.
The plaintiffs are represented by C. Richard Wilson of Moundsville law firm Wilson and Lantz.
"At the time of the incident as hereinabove alleged, the children were not engaged in any active game of hockey and had otherwise ceased playing any sport and/or other activity involving the use of the hockey stick," the complaint says.
It adds that Christopher Rose suffered injuries to his teeth, gums and/or nerves from the impact.
The Roses blame Amy and Michael Roupe for failing to adequately supervise Daniel.
Marshall Circuit Court case number 06-C-86M
- AG's office files complaint against alarm company
- Morrisey praises USSC ruling on church rights
- Justice remand United Bank fraud case
- Dirt biker blames CSX, others for injuries
- State Farm agent sues over assistant’s job move
- Woman accuses nursing home of neglect
- Miner alleges employer broke law following injury
- Former judge alleges libel, malicious prosecution
- Couple invokes lemon law in Chevy purchase
- Customer blames grocer after slip and fall