William Brooks vs. Express Scripts Inc.
PA - Ronald Rossi; J - Christopher Wilkes
* Brooks claims the defendant carelessly and negligently sent him prescription medication that was labeled incorrectly. Instead of receiving his prescriptions for Digoxin and Coumadin, Brooks says he received Coumadin, as well as a second batch of Coumadin that was labeled as Digoxin. He took the medications according to his doctorás orders, and he essentially overdosed on Coumadin for 20 days because of the defendantás negligence. Brooks is seeking an undetermined amount of relief.
Case number: 06-C-375
Kevin E. Rhodes and Irene G. Rhodes vs. Gracie Mews LLC
PA - Richard McCune; J - David Sanders
* The plaintiffs claim the defendant sold a business property in Inwood to them but breached their contract by failing to leave the property in a good condition with all utilities turned on and working. They claim the defendant sent a repairman to fix a broken pipe after the problem was discovered at the time of closing, but the pipeás patch broke and the entire premises were flooded. The plaintiffs are seeking $113,836.36 for damages and $100,000.00 for annoyance and inconvenience.
Case number: 06-C-376
Steve Cross, Daniel Connor and Anita Elliott vs. Universal Floor Care Inc. and Kmart Corp.
PA - Robert Schiavoni; J - Christopher Wilkes
* The plaintiffs are former employees of Universal Floor Care, and they were contracted to clean floors at Kmart. They claim they were not paid their wages, and they claim Universal illegally deducted wages from Cross, in violation of the stateás Wage Payment and Collection Act. They are seeking wages, damages and other relief.
Case number: 06-C-381
David and Mary Bowers vs. Loweás Home Centers Inc. and John Doe
PA - John Skinner; J - David Sanders
* The plaintiffs claim the Loweás store in Martinsburg sold David Bowers a defective mower, and after repeated attempts to have it fixed, Bowers rented a truck and took the mower back to the store. He claims an unknown Loweás employee, âJohn Doe,ă failed to properly secure a ramp to the truck. When Bowers tried to move the mower out of the truck, the ramp collapsed and the mower fell on top of him, causing severe injuries and costing more than $29,000 in medical expenses and lost wages. He and his wife seek an unspecified amount of relief.
Case number: 06-C-386
Green Tree Servicing LLC vs. Roger G. Albert
PA - Timothy Amos; J - Christopher Wilkes
* The plaintiff claims Albert is delinquent on a promissory note for $36,237.00, and is seeking to repossess the collateral for the debt, which is a mobile home.
Case number: 06-C-389