Courtney Whittington, by and through her next friend Melissa Whittington vs. Big Sandy Furniture Inc.
PA- Timothy J. LaFon; J-Spaulding
* Courtney Whittington was injured while shopping at Big Sandy's store in Teays Valley when she sat on and fell off of a bed on display.
Case number 06-C-190
Union Oil & Gas Inc. vs BBL Carlton LLC
PA-Courtlandt L. Smith; J-Spaulding
* Union says BBL Carlton was underbilled for natural gas while building a National Guard building in Eleanor. Union seeks $43,252.38 for that unpaid natural gas.
Case number: 06-C-191
Richard Carey vs. Cynthia S. Estes
PA-Matthew J. Perry; J-Spaulding
* Carey says Estes has failed to pay on a promissory note of $200,000. He seeks that amount plus interest, attorney fees and other relief.
Case number: 06-C-196
- Big Lots delayed distribution of final paycheck, suit alleges
- Triad Engineering sues for payment for services rendered last year
- Babcock Lumber claims Fertig Cabinet owes sum for goods
- Wrongful death charge brought against Eldercare of Jackson County, administrator
- Fayette County man claims fellow employee assaulted him
- Belmont Co. woman accuses Russell Nesbitt Services of gender discrimination
- Marshall landowners accuse utility companies in lease dispute
- AG's office reaches $13 million settlement with CashCall
- Counsel: Now it's work for conservation group that bought mines
- WVU law professor's book on human rights published