Joyce McCormick-Arthur and David Arthur v. PJL Enterprises, d/b/a Golden Corral Corp.
PA-Robert Warner; J-Walker
* The Arthurs claim Joyce slipped and fell on a puddle of water while she was dining at the Cross Lanes Golden Corral, causing her injury.
Case number: 06-C-1287
Dawn Moore and Dencel Moore v. Gabriel Brothers, Inc.
PA-Phillip M. Stowers; J-Berger
* The Moores say Dawn was struck in the back of the neck by a shelf that fell off the wall of the Beckley Gabriel Brothers clothing store, causing her injuries to her back, neck, head and jaw.
Case number: 06-C-1289
Charles Adams and Sarah Adams v. Cabot Oil and Gas Corp.
PA-Gail Henderson-Staples; J-Bloom
* The Adams say Cabot Oil and Gas Corp. removed a boulder from their 50-acre parcel of land in Logan County without their permission, and it caused damage to their land including acid runoff and the sedimentation of a creek.
Case number: 06-C-1300
Jackie Fleshman, on behalf of a class of individuals similarly situated v. Martha Walker, in her capacity as Secretary of West Virginia Department of Health and Human Resources
PA-Bren J. Pomponio; J-King
* Fleshman is a 65-year-old mildly mentally retarded man who is representing a class of individuals who were stripped of their eligibility to the Medicaid Home and Community Based Aged/Disabled Waiver Program, which provided nursing care to their homes. The DHHR made its eligibility requirements more stringent with the hopes of cutting the program's budget.
Case number: 06-C-1301
Marlon Ferguson v. G&S Holdings, LLC, d/b/a Banana Joe's Island Party, et al.
PA-C. Benjamin Salango; J-Berger
* Ferguson is a former bouncer at Banana Joe's nightclub and says management's policy of using chokeholds on customers created an unsafe working environment. He was shot in the head by a man upset he was thrown out of the bar on Oct. 30.
Case number: 06-C-1307
Natalie Tennant v. Charleston Housing, et al.
PA-Pro Se; J-Walker
* Tennant says the maintenance men in her building opened her door for someone posing as her, and that person stole $110. She is suing for $7,000.
Case number: 06-C-1314
Concetta Lewenthal and Reeves Lewenthal, Jr. v. Allegheny and Western Energy Corp.
PA-Larry Skeen; J-Bloom
* The Lewenthals say the revenue from oil and gas leasehold rights owned by the late Reeves Lewenthal, Sr. have not been paid to them, as Lewenthal, Sr. stipulated with Allegheny and Western Energy before he passed away.
Case number: 06-C-1317
Bennett and Daughter Security Associates v. Shaffer and Shaffer, PLLC, et al.
PA-Sherri D. Goodman; J-Bloom
* Bennett and Daughter are suing Shaffer and Shaffer, PLLC, and attorney Susan Cannon-Ryan, of Madison, for legal malpractice, claiming they botched the enforcement of a monetary award that was to be paid by Paxton Spencer to Bennett and Daughter.
Case number: 06-C-1319
Carmen Williams v. West Virginia-American Water Company
PA-Harold Albertson; J-Kaufman
* Williams says she stepped on a broken water meter cover and fell, causing injuries to her ankle, leg and hands. She is seeking more than $40,000.
Case number: 06-C-1321
- Steptoe & Johnson names new Chief Information Officer
- Morrisey announces new additions to office staff
- Slip and fall accident leads to suit against local Walmart store
- Huntington nursing home abuse case removed to federal court
- Coal miner sues after allegedly suffering head injuries on job site
- Man accuses Southern Coal Corporation of wrongful termination
- Career employee charges Lowe’s with age discrimination in job loss
- WVU wrongful termination suit goes to federal court
- Ohio couple says Cook's Heating & Cooling breached contract
- Woman accuses welfare group, Goodwill of race discrimination