CHARLESTON - Two former employees of House of Demitri No. 2 claim they were sexually harassed.
Stacy Hudson and Susan Adkins are suing Gahreeb, Inc., and their boss Lafamme Gahreeb in Kanawha Circuit Court, claiming Gahreeb created an intimidating, hostile and/or offensive work environment with his unwanted sexual advances.
The case was filed Sept. 18.
Hudson, of Dunbar, says Gahreeb grabbed her breasts and reached his hands under her skirt. She adds that he encouraged the women to wear short skirts and were informed not to wear jeans.
"(Gahreeb) subjected the plaintiffs to sexual harassment in the workplace," the complaint says. "This harassment included, among other things, unwelcome sexual advances, unwelcome physical touching, unwelcome request for sexual favors and unwelcome and consistent sexual innuendo and/or physical contact."
Adkins, of South Charleston, claimed that she met Gahreeb at a nightclub after work once, and he attempted to drug her by placing something in her drink.
The lawsuit charges the defendants with sexual harassment, gender discrimination, intentional infliction of emotional distress, negligent infliction of emotional distress, negligent supervision and strict liability.
Jesse Forbes is representing Hudson and Adkins, who seek punitive and compensatory damages. They say the environment created by Gahreeb caused them to miss work, leading to their termination.
Judge Charlie King has been assigned the case.
Kanawha Circuit Court case number 06-C-1945
- Suit claims Marcum & Associates owes sum for unpaid goods
- Suit claims University Physicians and Surgeons failed to pay employees in timely manner
- Morrisey, Texas AG urge feds before climate summit
- Chester mayor challenges city council bid of negligence
- Owners of modular home accuse manufacturer of negligence
- Inmate says Charleston officers used racial slurs, excess force
- Railroad worker says logging firm negligent in hiring
- Wyoming Co. miner accuses coal mines of harmful safety violations
- Winfield files petition over rejection of annexation request
- AG announces mobile office hours for December