Gary L. Heineman vs. CSX Transportation
J- Recht; PA- H. Keith Moore
* While working for CSX, Heineman claims he was exposed to cumulative trauma to his hands, wrists, arms, and shoulders due to excessive vibration which occurred during his job. Three years before the action was filed, it was discovered that he suffered from occupational injuries. Hieneman claims his injuries were caused by CSX's negligence, carelessness, failure to provide a safe work place and a failure to warn of risk. He seeks $5 million and court costs.
Case number: 06-C-422
Stephen Tetlow vs. Hasbro Inc.
J- Wilson; PA- Robert V. Berthold Jr.
* Stephen Tetlow is the executive of the estate of his deceased, minor son, Zakary Tetlow. The family owned a PlaySkool Cool Crew Team Talkin' Tool Bench. Zakary swallowed a detachable nail that was part of the toy, which completely blocked his air passage. His mother and a neighbor were unable to remove the nail. Upon arrival, emergency services personnel also tried to remove the nail, but were unsuccessful. Later at the hospital, Zakary died. The Tetlows claim the Hasbro toy contained a design which violated applicable industry standards and failed to give adequate and proper warnings regarding possible dangers of the toy. They seek compensatory, punitive and general damages, pre- and post-judgment interest, attorney fees and court costs.
Case number: 06-C-424
Chad Tekely vs. Foggy Entertainment Inc., dba Elm Grove Lanes
J- Gaughan; PA- Jacob M. Robinson, Esq.
* While bowling at Elm Grove Lanes, Tekely tripped and fell in what he considered to be negligent, hazardous conditions. Tekely claims the fall was due to a sticky, slippery lane with insufficient lighting. He claims to have suffered injuries to his back, left leg and knee, psyche and body tissues due to the Lane's inability to properly maintain the alley, and seeks compensatory damages, attorney fees, court costs and pre- and post-judgment interest.
Case number 06-C-426
Joseph Blake, et al. vs. AIRCO, Inc., et al
J- Gaughan; PA- Thomas C. Wilson
* The plaintiffs maintain they suffered direct injuries and damages as a result of welding fumes they inhaled during their employment. These fumes contained manganese in addition to AIRCO's addition of pure manganese in formulation of flux. Blake and others claim the defendants knew the fumes were a toxin that posed injury to their employees, and the plaintiffs are suing on claims of liability, negligence, fraudulent concealment, misrepresentation, loss of consortium, and wantonness. They seek compensatory and punitive damages in addition to medical expenses.
Case number: 06-C-427
Jody Cook, fka Jody Kondrach vs. Contract Cleaning Systems, Inc.
J-Mazzone; PA- Frank Cuomo, Esq.
Cook was employed by Wheeling Treatment Clinic, and during her duties went through a lab room door. She slipped and fell, landing on the left side of her face, head, shoulder, and knee, hitting the hard floor. The area was mopped by CCS who had failed to place a warning identifying the area as slippery or wet. Thus far, Cook has incurred $37,696.61 in medical bills and has lost income totaling $25,063.50. She seeks judgment in excess of $25,000 along with pre- and post-judgment interest, attorney fees and court costs.
Case number: 06-C-428