Michael F. Witteried and Mary T. Witteried v. City of Charles Town
PA-pro se; J-Thomas Steptoe Jr.
* The Witterieds filed a petition to appeal the rulings of the City of Charles Town. Michael Witteried owns 25 cars, and the city claims that owning that large of number violates the city's ordinance. The Witterieds are asking for several items including a reverse determination of the Board and a grant of stay so he may build a carriage house.
Case number: 06-C-425
Heather Whitehurst, Brad Whitehurst, E. Jeremy Hutton, Warren J. McKimmie v. C& R Development LLC and the Corporation of Bolivar, a West Virginia municipality
PA-Richard Gay; J-Thomas Steptoe Jr.
* The Whitehursts and the rest of the plantiffs have filed a complaint over the access road to Sharp's Overlook subdivision. There are two entrances into the subdivision, one which is designated an alley, and neither is wide enough for two-way traffic. C&R Development and Corporation of Bolivar have seven counts against them including breach of contract, constructive fraud, negligence breach of statutory duty and unlawful taking of property. They are asking for punitive damages and order Bolivar to close Fisher Alley. They are also requesting a trial by jury.
Case number: 06-C-428
- Bankruptcy case for Freedom Industries gets final approval
- Federal jury awards $1.6M to Ohio woman in DuPont C8 lawsuit
- Traders Bank sues to recover allegedly unpaid portion of loan
- Mining companies sued after Justice man suffers severe head trauma in workplace accident
- Couple files suit to recoup costs to fix allegedly shoddy renovation work
- Woman sues chief correctional officer over sexual abuse claims
- Former inmate sues Correctional Facility Authority for copies of videos and photos
- Kanawha Co. woman sues Rite Aid, claiming botched drug prescriptions
- Ex-employee of Huntington Bancshares sues over alleged sexual harassment, termination
- Therapist sues Select Specialty Hospital, alleging FMLA violation