Michael F. Witteried and Mary T. Witteried v. City of Charles Town
PA-pro se; J-Thomas Steptoe Jr.
* The Witterieds filed a petition to appeal the rulings of the City of Charles Town. Michael Witteried owns 25 cars, and the city claims that owning that large of number violates the city's ordinance. The Witterieds are asking for several items including a reverse determination of the Board and a grant of stay so he may build a carriage house.
Case number: 06-C-425
Heather Whitehurst, Brad Whitehurst, E. Jeremy Hutton, Warren J. McKimmie v. C& R Development LLC and the Corporation of Bolivar, a West Virginia municipality
PA-Richard Gay; J-Thomas Steptoe Jr.
* The Whitehursts and the rest of the plantiffs have filed a complaint over the access road to Sharp's Overlook subdivision. There are two entrances into the subdivision, one which is designated an alley, and neither is wide enough for two-way traffic. C&R Development and Corporation of Bolivar have seven counts against them including breach of contract, constructive fraud, negligence breach of statutory duty and unlawful taking of property. They are asking for punitive damages and order Bolivar to close Fisher Alley. They are also requesting a trial by jury.
Case number: 06-C-428
- AG's office files complaint against alarm company
- Morrisey praises USSC ruling on church rights
- Justice remand United Bank fraud case
- Dirt biker blames CSX, others for injuries
- State Farm agent sues over assistant’s job move
- Woman accuses nursing home of neglect
- Miner alleges employer broke law following injury
- Former judge alleges libel, malicious prosecution
- Couple invokes lemon law in Chevy purchase
- Customer blames grocer after slip and fall