Valerie Roe v. William McClure
J-Stone; PA-Ronald Wm. Kasserman
* Roe claims McClure caused a collision with her automobile. She has suffered property damage and severe physical injuries. She is seeking compensatory damages, interest, court costs and attorney fees.
Case number: 07-C-1
Johna L. Mowrey and John W. Mowrey v. Evans Transfer and Movers Inc.; Evans Van and Storage LLC; and John Doe
J-Stone; PA-B. Michael Smith
* Johna L. Mowrey claims that while assisting her to move furniture, John Doe inappropriately touched her vaginal area. After Mowrey made clear her distress over the incident, John Doe was removed from the job site and left in the truck while the other employees of Evans Transfer completed their task. While in the truck, John Doe kicked and damaged the Mowreys' property. Mowrey is also holding Evans transfer and Evans Van and Storage accountable for the incident for their negligence in hiring, training and supervising workers, as well as their inability to remove John Doe following the incident. Evans also attempted to sue the Mowreys $937.84 for the furniture it moved during the incident. The Mowreys are seeking compensatory and punitive damages as well as court costs.
Case number: 07-C-5
Jolene M. Downes v. Lowe's Home Centers Inc. and Beth Finley
J-N/A; PA-Michael J. Florio
* Downes claims Finley threatened the security of her job if Downes informed anyone of the romantic relationship that had developed between Finley and a Lowe's manager. Such romantic relationships are against company policy. Because of this, Downes experienced severe emotional distress and eventually resigned her position. However, this was not before making repeated attempts to make the Lowe's corporation aware of the inappropriate relationship. Lowe's neglected to rectify the situation, thereby violating several aspects of the Human Rights Act. Downes requests reinstatement of her position or an award of future lost wages as well as costs and attorney fees. She also seeks punitive damages.
Case number: 07-C-8
- Morrisey: States have no legal obligation to comply with halted Clean Power Plan
- Legal assistant loses 110 pounds, makes it on magazine cover
- Man blames state DOH for Mingo Co. accident
- Justices order new 'in camera' review of documents
- Morrisey to meet with state law firms
- Landowners accuse Capital Land Services, others of breach of mineral lease contracts
- Worker injured on construction project alleges Triton violated safety standards
- Bank officer accuses MetLife of refusing to honor her disability claim
- Customer blames casino for torn rotator cuff in slip-and-fall incident
- Tobacco-shops firm accused of defaulting on note