Valerie Roe v. William McClure
J-Stone; PA-Ronald Wm. Kasserman
* Roe claims McClure caused a collision with her automobile. She has suffered property damage and severe physical injuries. She is seeking compensatory damages, interest, court costs and attorney fees.
Case number: 07-C-1
Johna L. Mowrey and John W. Mowrey v. Evans Transfer and Movers Inc.; Evans Van and Storage LLC; and John Doe
J-Stone; PA-B. Michael Smith
* Johna L. Mowrey claims that while assisting her to move furniture, John Doe inappropriately touched her vaginal area. After Mowrey made clear her distress over the incident, John Doe was removed from the job site and left in the truck while the other employees of Evans Transfer completed their task. While in the truck, John Doe kicked and damaged the Mowreys' property. Mowrey is also holding Evans transfer and Evans Van and Storage accountable for the incident for their negligence in hiring, training and supervising workers, as well as their inability to remove John Doe following the incident. Evans also attempted to sue the Mowreys $937.84 for the furniture it moved during the incident. The Mowreys are seeking compensatory and punitive damages as well as court costs.
Case number: 07-C-5
Jolene M. Downes v. Lowe's Home Centers Inc. and Beth Finley
J-N/A; PA-Michael J. Florio
* Downes claims Finley threatened the security of her job if Downes informed anyone of the romantic relationship that had developed between Finley and a Lowe's manager. Such romantic relationships are against company policy. Because of this, Downes experienced severe emotional distress and eventually resigned her position. However, this was not before making repeated attempts to make the Lowe's corporation aware of the inappropriate relationship. Lowe's neglected to rectify the situation, thereby violating several aspects of the Human Rights Act. Downes requests reinstatement of her position or an award of future lost wages as well as costs and attorney fees. She also seeks punitive damages.
Case number: 07-C-8
- AG's office files complaint against alarm company
- Morrisey praises USSC ruling on church rights
- Justice remand United Bank fraud case
- Dirt biker blames CSX, others for injuries
- State Farm agent sues over assistant’s job move
- Woman accuses nursing home of neglect
- Miner alleges employer broke law following injury
- Former judge alleges libel, malicious prosecution
- Couple invokes lemon law in Chevy purchase
- Customer blames grocer after slip and fall