Dena Bender, Gladys Fischer and Vanessa Dozier v. Nur Yalcin and Deniz LLC
PA-Stephen Skinner; J-Thomas Steptoe Jr.
* Bender, Fischer and Dozier have filed a verified complaint for preliminary restraining order, injunction and damage against their landlord, Nur Yalcin. The tenants claim they have no heat since November and have had no hot water since Christmas Day. They are claiming breach of contract and wrongful eviction, breach of warranty of habitability and are seeking punitive damages of $100,000.
Case number: 07-C-7
Donald E. Hawkins Jr. and Melissa L. Hawkins v. Select Portfolio Services Inc and the Bank of New York, individually and as Trustee of EQCC Asset Backed Certificates 2001-2, Eqcc asset backed certificates 2001-2002 and D. Kevin Moffatt, trustee
PA-James Kratovil; J-Thomas Steptoe Jr.
* The Hawkins owned a lot of land in Brooke Haven Subdivision, which they gave in trust to secure the mortgage. The mortgage company filed for bankruptcy and the Hawkins want the lien and debt to be discharged. The Hawkins are claiming that there has been a violation of several West Virginia codes including the Consumer Credit and Protection Act and the Bankruptcy Code. The Hawkins want to stop sale of their property as well as seeking punitive damages and attorney's fees.
Case number: 07-C-9
Neil M. McBrearty v. Steven P. Wuebker
PA-Terrance L. Britt; J-Thomas Steptoe Jr.
* McBrearty claims on Sept. 18 that Wuebker, while driving his vehicle, disregarded a traffic light and ran into the vehicle McBrearty was driving. He claims he suffered damage to his body, body chemistry and psyche. McBrearty is seeking compensation for expenses he incurred because of the accident.
Case number: 07-C-8
- Morrisey: States have no legal obligation to comply with halted Clean Power Plan
- Legal assistant loses 110 pounds, makes it on magazine cover
- Man blames state DOH for Mingo Co. accident
- Justices order new 'in camera' review of documents
- Morrisey to meet with state law firms
- Landowners accuse Capital Land Services, others of breach of mineral lease contracts
- Worker injured on construction project alleges Triton violated safety standards
- Bank officer accuses MetLife of refusing to honor her disability claim
- Customer blames casino for torn rotator cuff in slip-and-fall incident
- Tobacco-shops firm accused of defaulting on note