Dena Bender, Gladys Fischer and Vanessa Dozier v. Nur Yalcin and Deniz LLC
PA-Stephen Skinner; J-Thomas Steptoe Jr.
* Bender, Fischer and Dozier have filed a verified complaint for preliminary restraining order, injunction and damage against their landlord, Nur Yalcin. The tenants claim they have no heat since November and have had no hot water since Christmas Day. They are claiming breach of contract and wrongful eviction, breach of warranty of habitability and are seeking punitive damages of $100,000.
Case number: 07-C-7
Donald E. Hawkins Jr. and Melissa L. Hawkins v. Select Portfolio Services Inc and the Bank of New York, individually and as Trustee of EQCC Asset Backed Certificates 2001-2, Eqcc asset backed certificates 2001-2002 and D. Kevin Moffatt, trustee
PA-James Kratovil; J-Thomas Steptoe Jr.
* The Hawkins owned a lot of land in Brooke Haven Subdivision, which they gave in trust to secure the mortgage. The mortgage company filed for bankruptcy and the Hawkins want the lien and debt to be discharged. The Hawkins are claiming that there has been a violation of several West Virginia codes including the Consumer Credit and Protection Act and the Bankruptcy Code. The Hawkins want to stop sale of their property as well as seeking punitive damages and attorney's fees.
Case number: 07-C-9
Neil M. McBrearty v. Steven P. Wuebker
PA-Terrance L. Britt; J-Thomas Steptoe Jr.
* McBrearty claims on Sept. 18 that Wuebker, while driving his vehicle, disregarded a traffic light and ran into the vehicle McBrearty was driving. He claims he suffered damage to his body, body chemistry and psyche. McBrearty is seeking compensation for expenses he incurred because of the accident.
Case number: 07-C-8
- AG's office files complaint against alarm company
- Morrisey praises USSC ruling on church rights
- Justice remand United Bank fraud case
- Dirt biker blames CSX, others for injuries
- State Farm agent sues over assistant’s job move
- Woman accuses nursing home of neglect
- Miner alleges employer broke law following injury
- Former judge alleges libel, malicious prosecution
- Couple invokes lemon law in Chevy purchase
- Customer blames grocer after slip and fall