Gak Inc. and Connie McKenzie's Inc. dba Boss' v. Allegheny Energy Service Corporation
PA-Mark Jenkinson; J-Thomas Steptoe Jr.
* Gak Inc. owned Boss' restaurant, which was destroyed in a fire on Jan. 14, 2005. Gak is claiming Allegheny Energy negligently installed, maintained the electrical transformer at Boss' causing it to catch on fire. The market value of the restaurant was estimated in excess of $750,000, along with loss of damage of $125,000. Gak is seeking the monies as a result of the loss of the business. They also demand a trial by jury.
Case number: 07-C-11
Justin Stone v. John Stevens and Michele Stevens
PA-Stephen Skinner; J-Thomas Steptoe Jr.
* Stone has filed an answer, counterclaims and demand for jury trail. Stone claims the petition for summary eviction filed by the Stevens for past rent is false. He is also claiming there has been no heat since Dec. 27 and the landlord did renovations without a permit. Stone seeks dismissal of the petition, compensatory damages, statutory damages for $8,000 fees, attorney fees and costs and $50,000 in punitive damages in the amount of $50,000 or as shown by proof. He is seeking a jury trial.
Case number: 07-C-10
Justin Blakley and Joi M. Blakley, his wife, v. Edward Thomas
PA-Robert Aitcheson; J-Thomas Steptoe Jr.
* On Feb. 18, 2005, Thomas failed to stop his car at a stop light, striking the car that Blakley was driving. Justin Blakley has incurred medical expenses of $14,000 with an additional loss of income of $6,400. The Blakleys are seeking the total loss of income as well as additional loss of income because of Justin Blakley's temporary disability. Joi Blakley is also claiming loss of consortium.
Case number: 07-C-13
HSBC Bank PLC v. Christina Murray
PA-Jeffrey Gould; J-Thomas Steptoe Jr.
* Murray entered into a personal loan with HSBC from which she stopped making payments March 28, 2006. She still owes $31,616.03 that HSBC is seeking for pre-judgment, plus a post-judgment interest of 10 percent per annum from date of judgment.
Case number: 07-C-16
- Marshall landowners accuse utility companies in lease dispute
- AG's office reaches $13 million settlement with CashCall
- Counsel: Now it's work for conservation group that bought mines
- WVU law professor's book on human rights published
- Good gravy!
- Woman claims Chesapeake backed out of mineral rights lease
- Woman says exterminator didn't pay wages after firing
- Son claims father’s death at Glenwood Park a result of negligence
- Logan man says former employer retaliated against him
- Man alleges Transworld engaged in illegal debt collection