Frank Spina Jr. v. Vitamin World Inc., Glimcher Realty Trust, Morgantown Mall Associates Limited Partnership, Herbert Glimcher as General Partner of Morgantown Mall Associates, Glimcher Morgantown Mall Inc., Glimcher Properties Limited Partnership dba Glimcher Realty Trust
J-NA; PA-Frank Spina, Jr.
* Spina claims that while he was shopping in Vitamin World, the security gate unexpectedly lowered and struck him on the head, causing significant damages to his body. He claims that this incident is a result of the negligence of the defendants properly to maintain a safe environment. He is seeking compensation for pain and suffering and mental anguish, medical expenses, future damages and impairment, loss of enjoyment of life and lost wages, as well as interest, attorney fees and costs.
Case number: 07-C-81
Agnes Toth, individually, and Steven Toth, as durable power of attorney v. The Madison Rehabilitation and Nursing Center and GMA-Madison Inc.
J-N/A; PA-Susan B. Tucker
* The plaintiffs claim The Madison Rehabilitation and Nursing Center severely neglected Agnes Toth, resulting in the deterioration of her physical and mental condition. Through their actions, The Madison has severely violated Toth's nursing home rights, as well as various federal regulations. The plaintiffs are seeking compensation for injuries and damages, as well as punitive damages, interest, costs and attorney fees.
Case number: 07-C-85
Darus Zehrbach dba Zehrbach and/or Zehrbach-LPE v. Con-Way Central Express, CCX, Conway Transportation Services Inc.
J-N/A; PA-Darus Zehrbach
* Zehrbach claims the defendants are responsible for damaging an aircraft engine, valued at $65,000 while under an insured contract to ship the piece of equipment. When confronted with the claim of the damage, the defendants claimed that, "the damage was to an old junk or used engine bought from some other manufacturer." The plaintiff claims that the actions of the defendants have been made in bad faith with the intent to stall and or defraud the plaintiff out of his insurance benefits. Zehrbach is seeking compensatory damages in the sum of $65,000, direct, causal, proximate, and punitive damages of $900,000 and all costs.
Case number: 07-C-86
Angela Chapman, Candace Chapman and Jordan Chapman v. Roadhouse Investments of Morgantown W.V. dba Texas Roadhouse Investments of Morgantown, W.V. dba Texas Roadhouse and Robert Izydore
J-N/A; PA-Michelle Widmer-Eby
* Angela Chapman claims she suffered a fall due to slipping on a piece of icy carpet on the premises of Texas Roadhouse. She claims the Texas Roadhouse is responsible for failing to maintain safe conditions for all patrons. She is seeking compensation for medical expenses totaling $72,177.39, general damages, interest, costs and attorney fees.
Case number: 07-C-88
Janet A. Keaton v. Ronald V. Ammons
J-N/A; PA-Mark E. Gaydos
* Keaton claims Ammons violated his duties while operating an automobile by striking her vehicle. As a result, Keaton has suffered damage to her vehicle, lost wages and medical bills, annoyance and inconvenience, pain and suffering. She is seeking compensation for her damages, as well as interest.
Case number: 07-C-89