MARTINSBURG - A former Martinsburg attorney has been indicted for the murder of his ex-wife.
Stephen R. Fielder is accused of the first-degree murder of Debra Ann Fielder. Her dismembered body was found last August.
He was indicted Thursday by a Berkeley County grand jury, and has been held at the Eastern Regional Jail since his arrest in September.
Investigators found three suitcases containing the corpse of Debra Fielder. The suitcases also contained weights, and the investigators have alleged Stephen Fielder bought the suitcases and the weights.
He faces a life sentence if convicted.
The Fielders were married in 1995 and divorced in 2002.
- Marshall landowners accuse utility companies in lease dispute
- AG's office reaches $13 million settlement with CashCall
- Counsel: Now it's work for conservation group that bought mines
- WVU law professor's book on human rights published
- Good gravy!
- Woman claims Chesapeake backed out of mineral rights lease
- Woman says exterminator didn't pay wagers after firing
- Son claims father’s death at Glenwood Park a result of negligence
- Logan man says former employer retaliated against him
- Man alleges Transworld engaged in illegal debt collection