MARTINSBURG - A former Martinsburg attorney has been indicted for the murder of his ex-wife.
Stephen R. Fielder is accused of the first-degree murder of Debra Ann Fielder. Her dismembered body was found last August.
He was indicted Thursday by a Berkeley County grand jury, and has been held at the Eastern Regional Jail since his arrest in September.
Investigators found three suitcases containing the corpse of Debra Fielder. The suitcases also contained weights, and the investigators have alleged Stephen Fielder bought the suitcases and the weights.
He faces a life sentence if convicted.
The Fielders were married in 1995 and divorced in 2002.
- Quickbooks creator accused of breach of contract
- Man says R.T. Rogers supervisor forced him to drive truck without seatbelts in snowstorm
- Food City owners sued after woman falls in Bluefield store
- Construction company claims invoice not paid
- United Industrial Services seeking courts help in collecting alleged debt
- Former Toyota parts worker sues over firing
- Man claims ice at apartment complex led to injuries
- Surgeon's actions allegedly led to patient's permanent vision damage
- Rental company sues over alleged breach of agreements
- Morrisey hails federal ruling as gun rights victory