MARTINSBURG - A former Martinsburg attorney has been indicted for the murder of his ex-wife.
Stephen R. Fielder is accused of the first-degree murder of Debra Ann Fielder. Her dismembered body was found last August.
He was indicted Thursday by a Berkeley County grand jury, and has been held at the Eastern Regional Jail since his arrest in September.
Investigators found three suitcases containing the corpse of Debra Fielder. The suitcases also contained weights, and the investigators have alleged Stephen Fielder bought the suitcases and the weights.
He faces a life sentence if convicted.
The Fielders were married in 1995 and divorced in 2002.
- AG's office files complaint against alarm company
- Morrisey praises USSC ruling on church rights
- Justice remand United Bank fraud case
- Dirt biker blames CSX, others for injuries
- State Farm agent sues over assistant’s job move
- Woman accuses nursing home of neglect
- Miner alleges employer broke law following injury
- Former judge alleges libel, malicious prosecution
- Couple invokes lemon law in Chevy purchase
- Customer blames grocer after slip and fall