MARTINSBURG - A former Martinsburg attorney has been indicted for the murder of his ex-wife.
Stephen R. Fielder is accused of the first-degree murder of Debra Ann Fielder. Her dismembered body was found last August.
He was indicted Thursday by a Berkeley County grand jury, and has been held at the Eastern Regional Jail since his arrest in September.
Investigators found three suitcases containing the corpse of Debra Fielder. The suitcases also contained weights, and the investigators have alleged Stephen Fielder bought the suitcases and the weights.
He faces a life sentence if convicted.
The Fielders were married in 1995 and divorced in 2002.
- Federal jury awards $1.6M to Ohio woman in DuPont C8 lawsuit
- Traders Bank sues to recover allegedly unpaid portion of loan
- Mining companies sued after Justice man suffers severe head trauma in workplace accident
- Couple files suit to recoup costs to fix allegedly shoddy renovation work
- Woman sues chief correctional officer over sexual abuse claims
- Former inmate sues Correctional Facility Authority for copies of videos and photos
- Kanawha Co. woman sues Rite Aid, claiming botched drug prescriptions
- Ex-employee of Huntington Bancshares sues over alleged sexual harassment, termination
- Therapist sues Select Specialty Hospital, alleging FMLA violation
- Laboratory Corp. of America warehouse worker claims he was terminated due to disability, age