CHARLESTON - An inmate in the custody of the Ohio County Correctional Center has filed a lawsuit against the state Department of Transportation's Division of Highways after he was injured while on work detail.
Nick Savas filed the suit Feb. 16 in Kanawha Circuit Court seeking compensation for his injuries.
On May 10, 2005, Savas was assigned a work detail. He was assisting two state employees changing out empty oxygen tanks on a welding truck, the suit says. One of the tanks slipped and hit Savas' hand, smashing his left middle finger.
Savas seeks compensation from the DOH in an amount adequate to cover his injuries and court fees.
William S. Winfrey II represents Savas. The case has been assigned to Judge Louis Bloom.
Kanawha Circuit Court case number 07-C-306
- AG's office files complaint against alarm company
- Morrisey praises USSC ruling on church rights
- Justice remand United Bank fraud case
- Dirt biker blames CSX, others for injuries
- State Farm agent sues over assistant’s job move
- Woman accuses nursing home of neglect
- Miner alleges employer broke law following injury
- Former judge alleges libel, malicious prosecution
- Couple invokes lemon law in Chevy purchase
- Customer blames grocer after slip and fall