CHARLESTON - A Kanawha County general contractor claims a client did not pay for materials and labor.
RC General Contractors filed a suit Feb. 16 in Kanawha Circuit Court against Dr. Pat and Carol Burgess of Charleston.
The lawsuit says there was a contract between RC and the couple for work that was to be done on the Burgess home. After the work was complete, the suit says the couple failed to pay RC $73,294.02.
According to the contract, RC entered into an agreement with the couple on Nov. 11, 2005, when a Promissory Note was signed, in which the Burgesses promised to pay the money, plus 7.5 percent interest per annum. The final amount was due Dec. 1, 2006.
The Burgesses paid a total of $18,000 prior to Dec. 1, but failed to pay in full, thereby breaching the Promissory Note.
RC seeks the remaining amount of the Note, as well as court fees.
Truman C. Griffith represents RC General Contractors. The case has been assigned to Judge Tod Kaufman.
Kanawha Circuit Court case number 07-C-315
- AG's office files complaint against alarm company
- Morrisey praises USSC ruling on church rights
- Justice remand United Bank fraud case
- Dirt biker blames CSX, others for injuries
- State Farm agent sues over assistant’s job move
- Woman accuses nursing home of neglect
- Miner alleges employer broke law following injury
- Former judge alleges libel, malicious prosecution
- Couple invokes lemon law in Chevy purchase
- Customer blames grocer after slip and fall