MOUNDSVILLE - Marshall County attorney David Hummel Jr. has filed to run for Circuit Judge in the Second Judicial Circuit.
Hummel, a native of Marshall County, said he always has wanted to continue what he considers to be an excellent tradition of judges serving on the bench as he runs for election in 2008.
"It's a long time dream of mine to be a circuit court judge," Hummel said Tuesday. "These opportunities don't avail themselves very often. The Second District has had tremendous judges on the bench and I wanted to do this myself. I want to continue the tradition of judicial excellence in the Second Judicial Circuit."
The Second Judicial Circuit consists of Marshall, Wetzel and Tyler counties.
Hummel has been an attorney since 1995, staying mostly in the Marshall County area. In addition to working in a private practice, he is also an assistant prosecutor for Marshall County.
Hummel said being a judge would be an overwhelming honor, but he said it also is a place he feels he could serve the public the best.
"I have aspires to be a judge for several years and to actually obtain that would be an overwhelming achievement and goal," he said. "I'm certainly up to the task, as well as qualified to serve the public."
Hummel said he has been working for the last 12 to 15 months on gaining support, forming a committee and working behind the scenes on his campaign in hopes to gain support from several area of the district, including law enforcement.
Hummel is a graduate of John Marshall High School and Marshall University. He earned his law degree from the University of Oklahoma.
- AG's office files complaint against alarm company
- Morrisey praises USSC ruling on church rights
- Justice remand United Bank fraud case
- Dirt biker blames CSX, others for injuries
- State Farm agent sues over assistant’s job move
- Woman accuses nursing home of neglect
- Miner alleges employer broke law following injury
- Former judge alleges libel, malicious prosecution
- Couple invokes lemon law in Chevy purchase
- Customer blames grocer after slip and fall