City Hospital Inc. vs. Alexa Gaye Gunneau
PA - Jeffery Gould; J - Gray Silver
* The hospital claims Gunneau owes $30,931.09 plus interest for a total of $31,997.22 for medical services and supplies provided to her in 2006.
Case number: 07-C-222
Wise Construction Inc. vs. Patricia E. Hartle and the Huntington National Bank
PA - Michael Scales; J - Gray Silver
* Wise Construction claims it completed remodeling work after a fire in Hartle's Berkeley County home, but Hartle terminated their contract and failed to pay for the work. The plaintiff has filed a mechanic's lien on the property, and Huntington National Bank holds the deed of trust. The plaintiff claims Hartle owes $34,918.93 plus interest.
Case number: 07-C-228
Quarles Petroleum Inc. vs. American Homes by United Builders LLC and Robert L. Petry
PA - Nelson Michael; J - David Sanders
* The plaintiff claims Petry owes $40,610.53 after failing to pay for fuel, in accordance with the terms of a credit agreement he entered into with Quarles on Nov. 29, 2005. The plaintiff is seeking that amount plus attorney fees, for a total of at least $54,147.24.
Case number: 07-C-230
Winchester Medical Center Inc. vs. Rosetta Taylor
PA - John Balenovich; J - Christopher Wilkes
* The plaintiff claims Taylor owes at least $30,318.05 plus $1,154.58 in interest for medical services and supplies provided to her in 2005.
Case number: 07-C-238
Edward J. Butler and Connie J. Butler vs. ESSROC Cement Corp. and Riverton Investment Corp.
PA - Mark Jenkinson; J - Christopher Wilkes
* Edward Butler claims he was burned and severely injured on March 21, 2005, when he was performing high-voltage electrical work as a third-party contractor at the defendants' plant in Berkeley County. He claims the injuries are a direct result of the defendants' negligence and failure to meet state and federal safety regulations. Butler claims his medical expenses exceed $20,000, and he is seeking $1 million in punitive damages. His wife is also seeking an undetermined amount of relief.
Case number: 07-C-241
Kristen Kreuz, on behalf of her daughter Allison Fournier vs. Dan Fogle and Cathy Fogle
PA - Jeffrey Burcham; J - David Sanders
* Kreuz claims her daughter, now 4, was attacked and bitten by the defendants' mixed-breed Dalmation dog named Snoop. The complaint says the attack happened without provocation at the Fogles' home on March 30, but it does not state the year. Kreuz claims the defendants failed to supervise and control the dog in the presence of her daughter, and she is seeking an undetermined amount of relief.
Case number: 07-C-242