William R. Coles, Jr. v. City of Dunbar, A Municipal Corporation, and The Dunbar Sanitary Board
PA – Mark A. Atkinson; J – Berger
* William Coles, of Putnam County, filed a suit against the City of Dunbar and the sanitary board, claiming he was fired because he was a whistleblower. Coles claims he was fired because he raised a point over improper activities, including the misuse of public funds and resources. He seeks punitive damages.
Case number 07-C-699
Earl A. Osborn and Martha Boyles Osborn v. Thomas Memorial Hospital Foundation Inc.
PA - Joseph K. Reeder; J- King
* Earl and Martha Osborn filed a suit against Thomas Memorial Hospital, after Earl Osborn fractured his hip while he was supposed to be under the care of the staff at Thomas. He claims he has incurred medical expenses of more than $25,000. Earl and Martha Osborn seek compensation for their expenses, as well as punitive damages.
Case number 07-C-701
Dayton Price and Suzan Price v. Stephen P. Swisher
PA – Scott Caudill; J – Stucky
* Dayton and Suzan Price filed a suit against Stephen Swisher, their former attorney. They are suing him, claiming he did not file a suit within the statute of limitations time period. They claim they have suffered losses as a result of professional malpractice and seek compensatory and punitive damages.
Case number 07-C-704
Paul Burton Runion and Evelyn Lucille Runion v. 20th Century Glove Corp. of Texas, et al.
PA – Cindy J. Kiblinger; J – Visiting
* Paul and Evelyn Runion filed an asbestos lawsuit against 47 companies, claiming their negligence made Paul Runion sick.
Runion claims he was made ill after working around asbestos-containing products.
Case number 07-C-707
Olive White v. The City of South Charleston, South Charleston Recreation Corporation, South Charleston Recreation Center, South Charleston Community Center
PA – Andrew A. McQueen; J – Walker
* Olive White filed a suit against the South Charleston Community Center after she slipped and was injured in the pool area. White was at the center for a water aerobics class. The suit says the center was negligent because White is elderly, and assistance in and out of the pool was not provided.
Case number 07-C-717
Tomora Howard v. Jamie Stevens
PA – Lisa Kerr; J – Walker
* Tomora Howard filed a suit against Jamie Stevens after he hit her with a car and left the scene. Howard suffered injuries to her back, shoulder, foot, knee and leg. She seeks compensatory damages and court costs.
Case number 07-C-718
Coral Proffitt Nutter, administratrix of the estate of Lacy Proffitt v. Eli Lilly and Company, REM Community Options, Inc., John Does 1-5
PA – C. Benjamin Salango; J – Walker
* Coral Nutter filed a suit on behalf of her late father, who died from a lethal dose of the prescription drug, Zyprexa. The suit says Lacy Proffitt was given the drug after he sustained a brain injury, and the dose was toxic. Nutter seeks punitive and compensatory damages.
Case number 07-C-733
- Suit claims Marcum & Associates owes sum for unpaid goods
- Suit claims University Physicians and Surgeons failed to pay employees in timely manner
- Morrisey, Texas AG urge feds before climate summit
- Chester mayor challenges city council bid of negligence
- Owners of modular home accuse manufacturer of negligence
- Inmate says Charleston officers used racial slurs, excess force
- Railroad worker says logging firm negligent in hiring
- Wyoming Co. miner accuses coal mines of harmful safety violations
- Winfield files petition over rejection of annexation request
- AG announces mobile office hours for December