WV Troopers' Association v. R.D. Estepp, West Virginia Lodge of The American Association of State Troopers, American Association of State Troopers, Xentel Inc.
PA – Marvin Masters; J – Berger
The WVTA filed a suit against the American Association of State Troopers, claiming the AAST solicited donations from West Virginia residents, who were under the presumption they were donating to the West Virginia Troopers' Association. The WVTA claims the actions were intentional, and they seek compensatory and punitive damages.
Case number: 07-C-1215
Janet Stone v. West Virginia University Medical Corporation, Charleston Division, West Virginia University Physicians of Charleston, c/o Michael J. Lewis, M.D. and City of Charleston
PA – Michael Turkaly; J- Stucky
* Janet Stone filed a suit against West Virginia University Physicians of Charleston and the City of Charleston after she fell in an alley supposedly maintained by the two. She claims to have incurred more than $93,420 in medical expenses. She seeks compensatory and punitive damages.
Case number: 07-C-1222
Melinda Taylor, Doug Taylor v. Lowe's Home Centers, Inc., doing business as Lowe's and Jane Doe
PA – Robert D. Cline, Jr.; J – King
* Melinda and Doug Taylor filed a personal injury lawsuit against Lowe's Home Centers, after a box fell off a shelf and hit Melinda Taylor. They seek compensatory and punitive damages.
Case number: 07-C-1227
Elizabeth A. Munson, Kevin Munson v. Samuel G. Heywood, M.D., West Virginia Physicians for Women, Inc.
PA – Thomas F. Basile; J – King
* Elizabeth and Kevin Munson filed a suit against the doctor who performed an hysterectomy on Elizabeth Munson, claiming his post-operative care caused her more pain. She also had to have her left kidney removed as a result of post-operative complications. Elizabeth and Kevin Munson seek compensatory and punitive damages.
Case number: 07-C-1233
Wilma Garrettson v. Robert and Diane Simile
PA – John R. Mitchell; J – Stucky
* Wilma Garrettson filed a suit against her landlords, after she fell off a commode while she was changing the bathroom light fixture. She claims there was a sewage leak in the apartment above her, and while changing the fixture, some of the sewage dripped into her eye, causing her to fall. She seeks compensatory damages.
Case number: 07-C-1265
- Morrisey gets 'critical victory' on EPA 'Waters' plan
- Former inmate sues Southern Regional Jail staff, facility over assault and battery allegations
- Texas company seeks to void contract with Costonia Station over title dispute
- Putnam Co. couple seeks damages for vehicle purchase over alleged violations of Lemon Law
- Estate sues Thomas Memorial Hospital after negligent procedure allegedly caused man's death
- Vacated Fayette Town Center space leads to breach of lease suit
- New York family sues WVU, fraternity for son's death
- Bankruptcy case for Freedom Industries gets final approval
- Federal jury awards $1.6M to Ohio woman in DuPont C8 lawsuit
- Traders Bank sues to recover allegedly unpaid portion of loan