WV Troopers' Association v. R.D. Estepp, West Virginia Lodge of The American Association of State Troopers, American Association of State Troopers, Xentel Inc.
PA – Marvin Masters; J – Berger
The WVTA filed a suit against the American Association of State Troopers, claiming the AAST solicited donations from West Virginia residents, who were under the presumption they were donating to the West Virginia Troopers' Association. The WVTA claims the actions were intentional, and they seek compensatory and punitive damages.
Case number: 07-C-1215
Janet Stone v. West Virginia University Medical Corporation, Charleston Division, West Virginia University Physicians of Charleston, c/o Michael J. Lewis, M.D. and City of Charleston
PA – Michael Turkaly; J- Stucky
* Janet Stone filed a suit against West Virginia University Physicians of Charleston and the City of Charleston after she fell in an alley supposedly maintained by the two. She claims to have incurred more than $93,420 in medical expenses. She seeks compensatory and punitive damages.
Case number: 07-C-1222
Melinda Taylor, Doug Taylor v. Lowe's Home Centers, Inc., doing business as Lowe's and Jane Doe
PA – Robert D. Cline, Jr.; J – King
* Melinda and Doug Taylor filed a personal injury lawsuit against Lowe's Home Centers, after a box fell off a shelf and hit Melinda Taylor. They seek compensatory and punitive damages.
Case number: 07-C-1227
Elizabeth A. Munson, Kevin Munson v. Samuel G. Heywood, M.D., West Virginia Physicians for Women, Inc.
PA – Thomas F. Basile; J – King
* Elizabeth and Kevin Munson filed a suit against the doctor who performed an hysterectomy on Elizabeth Munson, claiming his post-operative care caused her more pain. She also had to have her left kidney removed as a result of post-operative complications. Elizabeth and Kevin Munson seek compensatory and punitive damages.
Case number: 07-C-1233
Wilma Garrettson v. Robert and Diane Simile
PA – John R. Mitchell; J – Stucky
* Wilma Garrettson filed a suit against her landlords, after she fell off a commode while she was changing the bathroom light fixture. She claims there was a sewage leak in the apartment above her, and while changing the fixture, some of the sewage dripped into her eye, causing her to fall. She seeks compensatory damages.
Case number: 07-C-1265
- Man says R.T. Rogers supervisor forced him to drive truck without seatbelts in snowstorm
- Food City owners sued after woman falls in Bluefield store
- Construction company claims invoice not paid
- United Industrial Services seeking courts help in collecting alleged debt
- Former Toyota parts worker sues over firing
- Man claims ice at apartment complex led to injuries
- Surgeon's actions allegedly led to patient's permanent vision damage
- Rental company sues over alleged breach of agreements
- Morrisey hails federal ruling as gun rights victory
- Drug company cuts off supply to Mingo Co. pharmacy