Shane Austin Linton vs. Jo Ann Greene-Meadows
PA - Lawrence Schultz; J - Gray Silver
* Linton claims Greene-Meadows was negligent when she caused a vehicle accident on July 31, 2005. Linton claims he suffered a variety of injuries that caused pain in the back and leg, and he had to have surgery. He also claims that his medical expenses have exceeded $36,000, and he is seeking an undetermined amount of relief.
Case number: 07-C-714
Ester C. Ferguson vs. Andrea D. Hawley-Ferguson and Otho Bryan Ferguson
PA - J. Mark Sutton; J - Christopher Wilkes
* The plaintiff claims she loaned $67,000 to the defendants so they would be able to buy a house, which they agreed to pay back after their old house was sold in Washington, D.C. Ester Ferguson claims the old house was sold in December 2006, and she has still not received the amount owed to her. She is seeking at least $67,000.
Case number: 07-C-715
Hampton Homes LLC vs. Brandy Elaine Dantoni, Bryan P. Dantoni, aka Brian P. Dantoni, National City Band of Indiana, Richard A. Pill, Special Services Bureau Inc. and John W. Orem
PA - Heidi Timmons; J - David Sanders
* The plaintiff claims Brandy Dantoni perpetrated a fraudulent scheme while she worked at Hampton Homes as an administrative assistant and bookkeeper, which resulted in the loss of at least $182,991.60 because of her personal use of six credit cards, forgery of checks and other embezzlement schemes from December 2002 through January 2007. A warrant for her arrest was issued June 5, 2007. In addition to reimbursement sought from the Dantonis, the plaintiff seeks at least $500,000. The plaintiff also seeks an order to void
the deed for the property that the Dantonis purchased from Hampton Homes at cost.
Case number: 07-C-725
K. Hovnanian Homes of West Virginia LLC vs. Herbert Jonkers
PA - Walter Jones; J - David Sanders
* The plaintiff claims Jonkers, on behalf of Yoe Properties, failed to repay a $2.5 million deposit after a real estate agreement fell through because some conditions of closing had not been obtained. The plaintiff is seeking that amount of relief plus interest.
Case number: 07-C-728
- Man blames state DOH for Mingo Co. accident
- Justices order new 'in camera' review of documents
- Morrisey to meet with state law firms
- Landowners accuse Capital Land Services, others of breach of mineral lease contracts
- Worker injured on construction project alleges Triton violated safety standards
- Bank officer accuses MetLife of refusing to honor her disability claim
- Customer blames casino for torn rotator cuff in slip-and-fall incident
- Tobacco-shops firm accused of defaulting on note
- Forums allow a chance to interact with Business Court
- Justices say injury was not caused by accident at work