MARTINSBURG - A Berkeley County man has filed a suit against his employer after he collided with a forklift loaded with pipes.
Gerald Gregory filed a suit July 30 in Berkeley Circuit Court against Orgill Inc., a supplier of PVC pipe, metal pipe, wiring, irrigation pipe and water tubs. Gregory was employed as a laborer at the company's Martinsburg plant.
Phyllis Gregory, Gerald Gregory's wife, is also named in the suit.
According to the suit, Sept. 30, 3005, Gerald Gregory's supervisor was driving a forklift loaded with pipes and other supplies, which allegedly obstructed his view. The forklift collided with Gregory, "crushing his lower extremities," the suit says.
Gregory suffered compound fractures in his right tibia and fibula and left tibia.
As a result, Gregory claims he sustained physical and mental pain and suffering, permanent physical impairment, loss of wages and benefits and loss of capacity to enjoy life, as well as annoyance and inconvenience.
Phyllis Gregory claims she has been deprived of the loss of society, companionship and consortium of her husband.
Therefore, Phyllis and Gerald Gregory seek compensatory and punitive damages.
Attorney J. Kristofer Cormany is representing them. The case has been assigned to Judge Gray Silver.
Berkeley Circuit Court case number 07-C-711
- Federal jury awards $1.6M to Ohio woman in DuPont C8 lawsuit
- Traders Bank sues to recover allegedly unpaid portion of loan
- Mining companies sued after Justice man suffers severe head trauma in workplace accident
- Couple files suit to recoup costs to fix allegedly shoddy renovation work
- Woman sues chief correctional officer over sexual abuse claims
- Former inmate sues Correctional Facility Authority for copies of videos and photos
- Kanawha Co. woman sues Rite Aid, claiming botched drug prescriptions
- Ex-employee of Huntington Bancshares sues over alleged sexual harassment, termination
- Therapist sues Select Specialty Hospital, alleging FMLA violation
- Laboratory Corp. of America warehouse worker claims he was terminated due to disability, age