William Bernardini and Judith A. Bernardini v. Nathan Patrick Fluharty, Executor of the Estate of James P. Fluharty
PA- Daniel L. McCune; J- Mazzone;
*In November of 2006, James Fluharty shot William Bernardini in the back, causing paralysis and spinal cord injury. Bernardini has incurred over $200,000.00 in medical bills, and his wife, Judith Bernardini, claims she has lost the benefits of a marital relationship. The Bernardinis seek an amount in excess of jurisdictional limits, pre and post judgment interest, and attorney's fees.
Case number: 07-C-168
Jason Bell v. PI&I Motor Express, et al.
PA- David L. Delk, Jr., Esq.; J- Mazzone
*Bell was working as a PI&I truck driver when he was involved in an accident caused by defective equipment on his truck. Bell claims he knew of the unsafe conditions prior to the accident and informed his superiors but no action was taken. He believes he was wrongfully fired from his position because of complaints he made regarding the equipment and seeks an amount to be determined and pre and post judgment interest.
Case number: 07-C-169
William E. Watson and Mara Watson v. Rob Boram Construction, et al.
PA- Marc B. Chernenko, Esq.; J- Wilson
*The Watsons entered into a contract with Boram Construction for $44,760.00 worth of construction to their home. Boram Construction met neither the two month deadline nor the sum outlined by the contract. The roof of the room on which Boram worked now leaks, and the Watsons were advised to rebuild the room. They seek an amount in excess of jurisdictional limits.
Case number: 07-C-173
Cheryl Krumenacker v. Tami Pulice
PA- Jerry Sklavounakis, Esq.; J- Recht
*Krumenacker and Pulice are sisters, and upon their mother's death, Pulice was named Executrix of her will. Krumenacker claims Pulice has not honored the will by failing to divide the estate in half. Additonally, Krumenacker claims Pulice withdrew funds from her mother's account but failed to her mother's bills and thusly has breached fiduciary duties. Krumenacker seeks Pulice's removal as Executrix, an account of all financial transactions, and compensatory and punitive damages.
Case number: 07-C-182
- Man says R.T. Rogers supervisor forced him to drive truck without seatbelts in snowstorm
- Food City owners sued after woman falls in Bluefield store
- Construction company claims invoice not paid
- United Industrial Services seeking courts help in collecting alleged debt
- Former Toyota parts worker sues over firing
- Man claims ice at apartment complex led to injuries
- Surgeon's actions allegedly led to patient's permanent vision damage
- Rental company sues over alleged breach of agreements
- Morrisey hails federal ruling as gun rights victory
- Drug company cuts off supply to Mingo Co. pharmacy