CHARLESTON -- Steptoe & Johnson is the premier sponsor of the West Virginia Bar Association's Employee Benefits Seminar, which will be held Oct. 4 at the Charleston Marriott.
Internal Revenue Service and U.S. Department of Labor representatives will discuss what they look for when they audit employee benefit plans, from compliance and tax perspectives.
Seminar panel members include:
* William C. Schmidt -- Senior Counsel in the Executive Compensation Branch of the Office of the Division Counsel/Associate Chief Counsel, Tax Exempt and Government Entities in the National Office of the Internal Revenue Service
* Norman Jackson -- Deputy Regional Director, Philadelphia Regional Office, Employee Benefits Security Administration, U.S. Department of Labor
* Catherine A. Jones -- Employee Plans Area Manager - Mid Atlantic Area, Internal Revenue Service
Nationally recognized industry professionals will provide insight on issues such as plan design, plan investments, and litigation.
Registration for the seminar begins at 7:00 a.m., and the event concludes at 5:00 p.m., and 8.4 CLE credits are available.
To register, go to www.wvbarassociation.org
The West Virginia Bar Association, organized July 8, 1886, was formed to advance the science of jurisprudence; to promote reform in the law; to facilitate the administration of justice; to uphold integrity, honor and courtesy in the legal profession; to encourage liberal education; and to cultivate cordial intercourse among the members of the bar.
Steptoe & Johnson is a corporate defense firm with particular strengths in energy, labor and litigation supporting over 30 areas of practice. The firm is comprised of over 185 lawyers resident in seven locations throughout West Virginia and Ohio. For nearly a century, Steptoe & Johnson has demonstrated its commitment to quality, devoting personal attention, experience, skill, and resources to client-focused service.
For more information, contact Betsy B. Spellman, Director of Client Services at 304-624-8000, or visit the firm's Web site at www.steptoe-johnson.com.
- Morrisey gets 'critical victory' on EPA 'Waters' plan
- Former inmate sues Southern Regional Jail staff, facility over assault and battery allegations
- Texas company seeks to void contract with Costonia Station over title dispute
- Putnam Co. couple seeks damages for vehicle purchase over alleged violations of Lemon Law
- Estate sues Thomas Memorial Hospital after negligent procedure allegedly caused man's death
- Vacated Fayette Town Center space leads to breach of lease suit
- New York family sues WVU, fraternity for son's death
- Bankruptcy case for Freedom Industries gets final approval
- Federal jury awards $1.6M to Ohio woman in DuPont C8 lawsuit
- Traders Bank sues to recover allegedly unpaid portion of loan