Constance Huyett vs. Reebok International LTD
PA - Barry Beck; J - David Sanders
* Huyett claims that her employment at the defendant's Martinsburg store was wrongfully terminated on May 7, 2007, after an incident where the store manager's friend brought in a pornographic magazine and asked Huyett to give the magazine to the manager. She claims she was never interviewed about the incident, and that same manager fired her, even though the manager's friend was the one who brought in the material. Huyett claims the defendant violated the state's Human Rights Act and the Wage Payment and Collection Act, and she is seeking an undetermined amount of relief.
Case number: 07-C-962
Clarence Naugle vs. Bob Evans Farms Inc.
PA - Lawrence Schultz; J - Gray Silver
* Naugle claims he suffered second-degree burns on his left wrist on Sept. 16, 2005, when sausage gravy was spilled on him while he was a customer at the Bob Evans restaurant in Martinsburg. He claims the defendant maintained its business in an unsafe condition, and he is seeking at least $5,000 in damages.
Case number: 07-C-984
City Hospital Inc. vs. Victoria Lartey
PA - Christopher Moore; J - David Sanders
* The hospital claims Lartey owes at least $25,202.09 plus interest for a total of $28,283.11 for medical services and supplies provided in 2005 and 2006.
Case number: 07-C-989
Preston B. Gooden, as Berkeley County assessor, vs. Berkeley County Commission; commissioners Steve Teufel, William Stubblefield and Ronald Collins; John Small as county clerk; and W. Randy Smith as county sheriff
PA - R. Greg Garretson; J - Christopher Wilkes
* Gooden is seeking a judgment to prohibit the Berkeley County Commission from setting individual pay rates for his employees, and he claims the commissioners have illegally changed the pay amounts that he has requested during the county's budget period.
Case number: 07-C-1006
- AG's office files complaint against alarm company
- Morrisey praises USSC ruling on church rights
- Justice remand United Bank fraud case
- Dirt biker blames CSX, others for injuries
- State Farm agent sues over assistant’s job move
- Woman accuses nursing home of neglect
- Miner alleges employer broke law following injury
- Former judge alleges libel, malicious prosecution
- Couple invokes lemon law in Chevy purchase
- Customer blames grocer after slip and fall