William and Shirley Williams v. Robert Johnston, Combined Insurance Co. of America
J- Recht; PA- M. Eric Frankovitch
* As co-executors of the estate of Debra Koenig, the Williams attempted to contact the defendant three times about an insurance policy in their name. Johnston and Combined Ins. failed to return the Williams' call. The Williams' claim the insurance company's failure to return their call is a breach of contract. They seek judgment in excess of jurisdictional limits, along with pre- and post-judgment interest.
Case number: 07-C-231
Pavlick Motor Cars, Inc. v. Ford Motor Co.
J- Gaughan; PA- John N. Ellem
* Pavlick purchased a Mustang manufactured by Ford. The Mustang was guaranteed for 36,000 miles, but prior to reaching the mileage, the car's check engine light came on, and the injectors, cylinder head, and ignition coil had to be replaced. Pavlick claims Ford breached the express warranty and seeks revocation of its acceptance of the vehicle, refund of price, and pre- and post-judgment interest.
Case number 07-C-233
Robert and Linda J. Fink v. Delphi Development, LLC D/B/A Aspen Manor, et al.
J- Recht; PA- Patrick S. Cassidy
* Fink was an employee of Catholic Knights of America Center as a maintenance and grounds supervisor. When the business was conveyed from the Knights to Aspen Manor, Aspen Manor fired Fink. Fink believes his termination came as a result of his disability, neuropathy, arthritis and possible cancer. Fink seeks judgment for back pay, front pay, attorneys fees, interest and damages.
Case number: 07-C-232
- Morrisey: States have no legal obligation to comply with halted Clean Power Plan
- Legal assistant loses 110 pounds, makes it on magazine cover
- Man blames state DOH for Mingo Co. accident
- Justices order new 'in camera' review of documents
- Morrisey to meet with state law firms
- Landowners accuse Capital Land Services, others of breach of mineral lease contracts
- Worker injured on construction project alleges Triton violated safety standards
- Bank officer accuses MetLife of refusing to honor her disability claim
- Customer blames casino for torn rotator cuff in slip-and-fall incident
- Tobacco-shops firm accused of defaulting on note