Lillian Lamm vs. Speedway SuperAmerica LLC
PA-Frank Armada; J-Spaulding
* Lamm blames the convenience store chain for a fall outside of the company's location in Winfield. She seeks damages.
Case number: 07-C-492
In re: Rita Cox, Recorder; Bill Clark, council person at-large; Brenda Tyler, council person at-large; Joe Savilla, Ward 1 Council Person; City of Nitro
PA-Michael Clifford; J-Eagloski
* Karen Fritz and 87 others filed a petition to remove the four named above from office as elected officials in the city of Nitro. The petition says the four gave aid and comfort and support to the illegal conduct of former City Treasurer Tifney Terry, allowed and permitted unlawful expenditures of monies in excess of the amount allocated to the fund in the levy order and in excess of the funds available for current expenses and participated in an unlawful meeting with Mayor Rusty Casto on Nov. 17. The petition also was filed simultaneously in Kanawha County as Nitro lies in both counties. The petitioners seek to have a judge enter an order causing the petition be entered of record, the petition be filed, a summons issued to respondents, for the petition to be forwarded to the state Supreme Court for appointment of a three-judge panel and that the four be removed from office. They also seek other relief.
Case number: 07-C-494
Karol Clark vs. The City of Hurricane
PA-R.R. Fredeking II; J-Spaudling
* Clark says city employees were working on a sewer line in front of her home on June 27, 2006. She says they were using a large compressor to force water and air through the line. Because of that, she says raw sewerage and water were blown into her bathroom, causing damages. She says the city's negligence has caused her to suffer injuries and incur medical expenses.
Case number: 07-C-495
- Robin Davis is a conflict of interest
- New prevailing wage rates, same old problems
- Woman sues St. Mary's Medical Center for mother's death
- Woman sues Marshall University for soccer injuries
- Hurricane woman accuses Healthsouth of FMLA violations
- Woman sues DirecTV for wrongful termination
- WV CALA kicks off Lawsuit Abuse Awareness Week
- Neely: Delaware newspaper suit simply 'about money'
- W.Va. Medical Institute sues over claims that a merger caused breach of contract
- Kanawha Co. man accuses former employer of age discrimination