Alford Enterprises Inc. vs. John Crompton and Donna Crompton
PA-Shawn Romano and Michael Olivio; J-Spaulding
* Alford claims the Comptons owe nearly $31,000 for the installation of a pool at their Hurricane residence. Alford also says the defendants have damaged its construction equipment and made disparaging remarks about the company. Alford seeks compensatory and punitive damages, plus pre- and post-judgment interest, attorney fees and costs.
Case number: 07-C-513
Emogene Sanders vs. West Virginia-American Water Company
PA-Marvin Masters; J-Spaulding
* Sanders claims WVAWC's negligence is to blame for several significant breaks, busts and/or leaks of the water main located behind her property in Poca. Those problems caused earth movement and slippage on Jan. 27, 2007. She seeks compensatory damages, attorney fees and court costs.
Case number: 07-C-515
- Motorist sues for alleged negligence in collision
- Suit against Hampton Inn alleges bug infestation
- Auto wholesaler seeks to move sexual harassment claim to federal court
- State Farm asks to move liability case from state to federal court
- Law firm continues free Valentine's Day divorce for eighth year
- Former SC candidate Rowe retiring as circuit judge
- Which way, West Virginia?
- W.Va, other states file reply in Clean Power Plan stay request
- Fighting disability fraud to protect Social Security
- Disabled woman accuses federal prison where she worked of discrimination