CHARLESTON - A Kentucky couple has filed an asbestos lawsuit against 14 companies, claiming they are responsible for the illness the woman developed.
Phyllis Mae and Harold Dean Branham of Flatwoods, Ky., filed a suit Dec. 5 in Kanawha Circuit Court against several companies, including Nitro Industrial Coverings Inc., UB West Virginia Inc., formerly known as Union Boiler Company and Vimasco Corporation.
According to the suit, Phyllis Branham has been exposed to asbestos, which was a significant factor in her development of malignant mesothelioma.
Harold Branham worked for CSX Transportation as a railroad fireman and engineer from 1946 to 1991. He also worked for Ford Motor Company as an inspector and in various other industrial settings. During that time, he was exposed to dust from the use and removal of asbestos-containing products manufactured, distributed, supplied, used and installed by the defendants.
Phyllis Branham claims she was exposed to the dust brought home by her husband.
In the seven-count suit, Harold Branham claims he has lost the general services, companionship and society of his wife. Phyllis Branham claims she suffered medical expenses, extreme nervousness and mental anguish, and her enjoyment of life has been greatly impaired.
Phyllis and Harold Branham seek compensatory and punitive damages against all the defendants.
Attorney R. Scott Marshall is representing the Branhams. The case will be assigned to a visiting judge.
Kanawha Circuit Court case number 07-C-2600
- Putnam County woman alleges companies tried to collect debt that has been paid in full
- Quickbooks creator accused of breach of contract
- Man says R.T. Rogers supervisor forced him to drive truck without seatbelts in snowstorm
- Food City owners sued after woman falls in Bluefield store
- Construction company claims invoice not paid
- United Industrial Services seeking courts help in collecting alleged debt
- Former Toyota parts worker sues over firing
- Man claims ice at apartment complex led to injuries
- Surgeon's actions allegedly led to patient's permanent vision damage
- Rental company sues over alleged breach of agreements