CHARLESTON - A Kanawha County woman has filed a suit against her employer, claiming she was fired because of her pregnancy.
Jessica Harper filed a suit Dec. 10 in Kanawha Circuit Court against Certified Oil Corporation in Sissonville.
According to the suit, Harper, 25, was employed by Certified Oil from March 5, 2004 to July 27, 2007, when she was fired.
Harper claims she was fired because of her pregnancy, which is a violation of the West Virginia Human Rights Act.
Harper claims she is entitled to an award of reinstatement to her former employment, back pay and an award for emotional distress, embarrassment and mental anguish.
Attorney J. Michael Ranson is representing Harper. The case has been assigned to Judge Paul Zakaib.
Kanawha Circuit Court case number 07-C-2634
- AG's office files complaint against alarm company
- Morrisey praises USSC ruling on church rights
- Justice remand United Bank fraud case
- Dirt biker blames CSX, others for injuries
- State Farm agent sues over assistant’s job move
- Woman accuses nursing home of neglect
- Miner alleges employer broke law following injury
- Former judge alleges libel, malicious prosecution
- Couple invokes lemon law in Chevy purchase
- Customer blames grocer after slip and fall