CHARLESTON - An inmate at the Ohio County Correctional Center has filed a suit against the Division of Highways after he was injured while cutting tree branches on a work crew.
Danny L. Henderson filed the suit Dec. 20 in Kanawha Circuit Court against the West Virginia Department of Transportation, Division of Highways.
According to the suit, Henderson was working on a work crew Oct. 18, 2006. He was assigned to clear brush, which included climbing various trees to cut away branches.
Henderson claims that while he was cutting the branches, one fell on him, breaking his leg.
According to the suit, Henderson has a fractured tibia and fibula, which required the insertion of a tibial intramedullary rod.
Henderson seeks compensation for his injuries and damages.
Attorney Larry O. Ford is representing Henderson. The case has been assigned to Judge Charles King.
Kanawha Circuit Court case number 07-C-2715
- AG's office files complaint against alarm company
- Morrisey praises USSC ruling on church rights
- Justice remand United Bank fraud case
- Dirt biker blames CSX, others for injuries
- State Farm agent sues over assistant’s job move
- Woman accuses nursing home of neglect
- Miner alleges employer broke law following injury
- Former judge alleges libel, malicious prosecution
- Couple invokes lemon law in Chevy purchase
- Customer blames grocer after slip and fall