CHARLESTON - An inmate at the Ohio County Correctional Center has filed a suit against the Division of Highways after he was injured while cutting tree branches on a work crew.
Danny L. Henderson filed the suit Dec. 20 in Kanawha Circuit Court against the West Virginia Department of Transportation, Division of Highways.
According to the suit, Henderson was working on a work crew Oct. 18, 2006. He was assigned to clear brush, which included climbing various trees to cut away branches.
Henderson claims that while he was cutting the branches, one fell on him, breaking his leg.
According to the suit, Henderson has a fractured tibia and fibula, which required the insertion of a tibial intramedullary rod.
Henderson seeks compensation for his injuries and damages.
Attorney Larry O. Ford is representing Henderson. The case has been assigned to Judge Charles King.
Kanawha Circuit Court case number 07-C-2715
- Big Lots delayed distribution of final paycheck, suit alleges
- Triad Engineering sues for payment for services rendered last year
- Babcock Lumber claims Fertig Cabinet owes sum for goods
- Wrongful death charge brought against Eldercare of Jackson County, administrator
- Fayette County man claims fellow employee assaulted him
- Belmont Co. woman accuses Russell Nesbitt Services of gender discrimination
- Marshall landowners accuse utility companies in lease dispute
- AG's office reaches $13 million settlement with CashCall
- Counsel: Now it's work for conservation group that bought mines
- WVU law professor's book on human rights published