CHARLESTON - An inmate at the Ohio County Correctional Center has filed a suit against the Division of Highways after he was injured while cutting tree branches on a work crew.
Danny L. Henderson filed the suit Dec. 20 in Kanawha Circuit Court against the West Virginia Department of Transportation, Division of Highways.
According to the suit, Henderson was working on a work crew Oct. 18, 2006. He was assigned to clear brush, which included climbing various trees to cut away branches.
Henderson claims that while he was cutting the branches, one fell on him, breaking his leg.
According to the suit, Henderson has a fractured tibia and fibula, which required the insertion of a tibial intramedullary rod.
Henderson seeks compensation for his injuries and damages.
Attorney Larry O. Ford is representing Henderson. The case has been assigned to Judge Charles King.
Kanawha Circuit Court case number 07-C-2715
- Food City owners sued after woman falls in Bluefield store
- Construction company claims invoice not paid
- United Industrial Services seeking courts help in collecting alleged debt
- Former Toyota parts worker sues over firing
- Man claims ice at apartment complex led to injuries
- Surgeon's actions allegedly led to patient's permanent vision damage
- Rental company sues over alleged breach of agreements
- Morrisey hails federal ruling as gun rights victory
- Drug company cuts off supply to Mingo Co. pharmacy
- W.Va., other AGs settle with HSBC Mortgage