Sheryl V. Cupp v. Aaron Donovan Payton, d/b/a Sportsman's Inn, Inc.
PA-Sheryl V. Cupp J-David M. Pancake
* Cupp was employed by Payton at his Milton sportsbar for two years. She claims she is owed unpaid wages for her work as bar manager and is also owed unpaid vacation pay, Christmas bonuses and money she spent on car repairs. She claims she is owed a total of $96,073.40.
Case number: 08-C-114
Leslie I. Ferrell, William J. Ferrell v. James L. Robinson, Caudill Seed Co., a Kentucky corporation
PA-Timothy Eves J-David M. Pancake
* In February 2006, Robinson was operating a commercial truck on Interstate 64 and allegedly collided with Leslie Ferrell in a violent crash. Ferrell claims she suffered severe and permanent injuries as a result of the crash and is seeking compensation in the amount of $75,000. Robinson was operating his vehicle as an employee of Caudill Seed at the time of the incident.
Case number: 08-C-124
Jon G. Carter v. Cedrick Lofton, Buffalo Wild Wing Restaurant, d/b/a R.H. Jeffers Corporation
PA-B. Luke Styer J-John L. Cummings
* Carter was a customer at Buffalo Wild Wing in February 2007. According to the suit, he was walking toward the exit when Lofton, a restaurant employee, walked up behind Carter and struck him in the head with a barstool. Carter claims R.H. Jeffers Corp. had a duty to supervise the actions of its employees and protect its customers. Carter is seeking punitive and compensatory damages.
Case number: 08-C-127
- Disabled woman accuses federal prison where she worked of discrimination
- Drug company cuts off supply to Mingo Co. pharmacy
- Justices: Board of review relied on misstatement, mischaracterization
- Man accuses John Skidmore Development of workers’ comp discrimination
- Police officer sues City of Kenova for forcing him to quit
- Woman accuses 3D Construction of discrimination, invasion of privacy
- Wayne Co. man sues Mountaineer Contractors for breach
- Woman says Nytis Exploration violated state code
- Panel reviews public financing complaints in Supreme Court race
- Steptoe & Johnson will sponsor North American Prospect Expo in Houston