Willis Kelley v. Richard Stacy and Annette Stacy
PA-Donald R. Jarrell; J-Darrell Pratt
* Kelley and the Defendants live on the same street. The suit claims Kelley was attacked by the Stacy's dog and suffered subsequent injuries and mental anguish. She claims the couple should have kept the dog on a leash and she is seeking compensatory damages.
Case number: 08-C-024
Danny R. Crum and Elwynn Crum v. Rockspring Development, Inc.
PA-Bert Ketchum; J-Darrell Pratt
* Danny Crum worked in Rockspring's Camp Creek Mine in Wayne County when, according to the suit, he was injured. The suit claims Crum was standing near the outby corner of the number six entry when a rib rolled off and struck him. The accident was a result of Rockspring's failure to secure the roof and roof support material, according to Crum. He claims he sustained serious injuries and is seeking compensatory damages.
Case number: 08-C-031
Jeff Turner v. The Great Outdoors Marine & Sports Shop, Inc.
PA-Timothy P. Rosinsky; J-Darrell Pratt
* Turner was employed with The Great Outdoors where he performed boat rentals and dock work. In September 2007, he broke his rib while working and was sent to the hospital to undergo medical treatment, according to the suit. Turner claims his supervisor was angry at him for filing a workers' compensation case and retaliated by cutting his hours and ultimately terminating his employment. Turner is suing under the West Virginia Workers' Compensation Act and is seeking compensatory and punitive damages.
Case number: 08-C-038
James M. Ferguson and Phyllis L. Ferguson v. Oakwood Barboursville, Oakwood Mobile Homes, Inc.
PA-Christopher Dean; J-Darrell Pratt
* Ferguson purchased a mobile home from Oakwood in March 2006 for $46,572.55. The couple paid a down payment of $10,000. According to the suit, the home was damaged during the course of delivery and resulted in a bent frame, damaged doors, broken windows and a fireplace being installed upside down. The couple is seeking a refund of their money and damages in an amount not to exceed $74,999.99.
Case number: 08-C-040
- Big Lots delayed distribution of final paycheck, suit alleges
- Triad Engineering sues for payment for services rendered last year
- Babcock Lumber claims Fertig Cabinet owes sum for goods
- Wrongful death charge brought against Eldercare of Jackson County, administrator
- Fayette County man claims fellow employee assaulted him
- Belmont Co. woman accuses Russell Nesbitt Services of gender discrimination
- Marshall landowners accuse utility companies in lease dispute
- AG's office reaches $13 million settlement with CashCall
- Counsel: Now it's work for conservation group that bought mines
- WVU law professor's book on human rights published