Harleysville Mutual Insurance Co., SABA Inc. d/b/a Duffey's Tavern and Robert Fowler d/b/a Berkeley Plaza Barber Shop vs. Ajax Amusement Machines Inc.
PA - Charles Steele; J - Gray Silver
* The plaintiffs claim the defendant was negligent and failed to properly install two power cords for five video lottery machines in Duffey's Tavern, leading to an electrical fire on June 17, 2006. The fire caused the plaintiffs to lose real and personal property, business income, inventory, equipment and materials, and they are seeking more than $1 million and other relief.
Case number: 08-C-172
The Rector and Visitors of UVA Medical Center vs. Del Ronnie Dehaven
PA - Peter Hetzel; J - Gray Silver
* The plaintiff was awarded a judgment of $35,824.41 plus $2,500 in attorney fees against the defendant in the Circuit Court of Albemarle County, Va., for overdue debts for services.
Case number: 08-C-181
Tracey Lynn Snow, Alex Robinson, Kelly Robinson and Branden Robinson vs. Wal-Mart Stores Inc., and the Martinsburg Mall LLC
PA - Laura Faircloth; J - Christopher Wilkes
* Snow claims she was mugged and abducted from the Martinsburg Mall and Wal-Mart parking lot on Feb. 26, 2006, and was able to escape without assistance after suffering injuries and trying to get her purse back. She claims the defendants failed to provide adequate security, and she is seeking an amount of relief for her and her children that is to be determined at trial.
Case number: 08-C-182
- Motorist sues for alleged negligence in collision
- Suit against Hampton Inn alleges bug infestation
- Auto wholesaler seeks to move sexual harassment claim to federal court
- State Farm asks to move liability case from state to federal court
- Law firm continues free Valentine's Day divorce for eighth year
- Former SC candidate Rowe retiring as circuit judge
- Which way, West Virginia?
- W.Va, other states file reply in Clean Power Plan stay request
- Fighting disability fraud to protect Social Security
- Disabled woman accuses federal prison where she worked of discrimination