Harleysville Mutual Insurance Co., SABA Inc. d/b/a Duffey's Tavern and Robert Fowler d/b/a Berkeley Plaza Barber Shop vs. Ajax Amusement Machines Inc.
PA - Charles Steele; J - Gray Silver
* The plaintiffs claim the defendant was negligent and failed to properly install two power cords for five video lottery machines in Duffey's Tavern, leading to an electrical fire on June 17, 2006. The fire caused the plaintiffs to lose real and personal property, business income, inventory, equipment and materials, and they are seeking more than $1 million and other relief.
Case number: 08-C-172
The Rector and Visitors of UVA Medical Center vs. Del Ronnie Dehaven
PA - Peter Hetzel; J - Gray Silver
* The plaintiff was awarded a judgment of $35,824.41 plus $2,500 in attorney fees against the defendant in the Circuit Court of Albemarle County, Va., for overdue debts for services.
Case number: 08-C-181
Tracey Lynn Snow, Alex Robinson, Kelly Robinson and Branden Robinson vs. Wal-Mart Stores Inc., and the Martinsburg Mall LLC
PA - Laura Faircloth; J - Christopher Wilkes
* Snow claims she was mugged and abducted from the Martinsburg Mall and Wal-Mart parking lot on Feb. 26, 2006, and was able to escape without assistance after suffering injuries and trying to get her purse back. She claims the defendants failed to provide adequate security, and she is seeking an amount of relief for her and her children that is to be determined at trial.
Case number: 08-C-182
- Humphreys' firm hit with another legal malpractice claim
- Jackson County residents sue state in roadway dispute
- Pennsylvania man sues developer, alleging breach of agreement
- Woman sues Nitro to stop city from assessing property fees
- Kanawha Co. woman sues after fall on sidewak at St. Francis
- Fayette Co. woman blames Kmart in slip-and-fall suit
- UPDATE: WV CALA kicks off Lawsuit Abuse Awareness Week
- AG's office files diesel engine lawsuit against VW
- Robin Davis is a conflict of interest
- New prevailing wage rates, same old problems