Thundering Herd Development LLC v. JARS Inc.
PA-Scott A. Damron; J-David M. Pancake
* Thundering Herd Development is the owner of the Merritt Creek Shopping Plaza in Barboursville. The company entered into a five-year lease with JARS Inc. for the operation of a Guiding Light Christian Store. According to the suit, JARS has failed to make numerous payments and now owes THD $34,585.71 for unpaid rent and $43,000 for the amount due under the remainder of the lease. THD is seeking compensatory damages in the amount of $78,085.71.
Case number: 08-C-454
Anthony DeHart and Jessica Aliff v. City of Huntington, City of Huntington Police Department
PA-R. Matthew Vital; J-John L. Cummings
* DeHart and Aliff were driving their car across the Altizer Bridge in Huntington when a police cruiser driven by Joshua Coffey collided with them, according to the suit. The Plaintiffs claim the accident was caused by insufficient tire tread due to wear and tear on the police cruiser. They are seeking an unspecified amount of damages.
Case number: 08-C-455
Janice Fouts v. Cabell Huntington Hospital Inc.
PA-Kathryn Reed Bayless J-John L. Cummings
* Fouts was hired by University Physicians and Surgeons Inc. as the Administrator for Department of Clinical Oncology in November 2005. She claims she worked to successfully open the Edwards Comprehensive Cancer Center in January 2006 but was then fired in July 2006. The suit alleges that she was fired because, prior to her being hired, she had brought a civil action against a physician for medical negligence in relation to a knee surgery. She is seeking compensatory and punitive damages.
Case number: 08-C-461
- Belmont Co. woman accuses Russell Nesbitt Services of gender discrimination
- Marshall landowners accuse utility companies in lease dispute
- AG's office reaches $13 million settlement with CashCall
- Counsel: Now it's work for conservation group that bought mines
- WVU law professor's book on human rights published
- Good gravy!
- Woman claims Chesapeake backed out of mineral rights lease
- Woman says exterminator didn't pay wages after firing
- Son claims father’s death at Glenwood Park a result of negligence
- Logan man says former employer retaliated against him