Thundering Herd Development LLC v. JARS Inc.
PA-Scott A. Damron; J-David M. Pancake
* Thundering Herd Development is the owner of the Merritt Creek Shopping Plaza in Barboursville. The company entered into a five-year lease with JARS Inc. for the operation of a Guiding Light Christian Store. According to the suit, JARS has failed to make numerous payments and now owes THD $34,585.71 for unpaid rent and $43,000 for the amount due under the remainder of the lease. THD is seeking compensatory damages in the amount of $78,085.71.
Case number: 08-C-454
Anthony DeHart and Jessica Aliff v. City of Huntington, City of Huntington Police Department
PA-R. Matthew Vital; J-John L. Cummings
* DeHart and Aliff were driving their car across the Altizer Bridge in Huntington when a police cruiser driven by Joshua Coffey collided with them, according to the suit. The Plaintiffs claim the accident was caused by insufficient tire tread due to wear and tear on the police cruiser. They are seeking an unspecified amount of damages.
Case number: 08-C-455
Janice Fouts v. Cabell Huntington Hospital Inc.
PA-Kathryn Reed Bayless J-John L. Cummings
* Fouts was hired by University Physicians and Surgeons Inc. as the Administrator for Department of Clinical Oncology in November 2005. She claims she worked to successfully open the Edwards Comprehensive Cancer Center in January 2006 but was then fired in July 2006. The suit alleges that she was fired because, prior to her being hired, she had brought a civil action against a physician for medical negligence in relation to a knee surgery. She is seeking compensatory and punitive damages.
Case number: 08-C-461
- AG's office files complaint against alarm company
- Morrisey praises USSC ruling on church rights
- Justice remand United Bank fraud case
- Dirt biker blames CSX, others for injuries
- State Farm agent sues over assistant’s job move
- Woman accuses nursing home of neglect
- Miner alleges employer broke law following injury
- Former judge alleges libel, malicious prosecution
- Couple invokes lemon law in Chevy purchase
- Customer blames grocer after slip and fall