CHARLESTON - A Kanawha County woman has filed a suit against two other county residents, claiming they damaged her car and stalked her family.
Dawn Fujita filed the suit July 16 in Kanawha Circuit Court against Chester "Chet" Roberts III and Adam Rogers. Fujita filed the suit on behalf of Adam and Ethan Fujita.
According to the suit, Roberts and Rogers sprayed silly string on a 1997 Toyota Tercel owned by Fujita and driven by Adam and Ethan Fujita.
Roberts and Rogers also allegedly wrote derogatory and demeaning comments on the car, such as "fag" and "queer," the suit says.
The men then continued to stalk the Fujitas, going to their family business and residence, in an effort to intimidate and harass them. According to the suit, Roberts and Rogers made derogatory and demeaning comments, calling the Fujitas "Japs" and other offensive, racist and derogatory names.
Dawn Fujita claims her property has been damaged and her family has suffered emotional distress because of Roberts and Rogers's actions.
She seeks property, monetary and punitive damages.
Attorney John R. Fouter is representing Fujita. The case has been assigned to Judge Paul Zakaib.
Kanawha Circuit Court case number 08-C-1365
- Marshall landowners accuse utility companies in lease dispute
- AG's office reaches $13 million settlement with CashCall
- Counsel: Now it's work for conservation group that bought mines
- WVU law professor's book on human rights published
- Good gravy!
- Woman claims Chesapeake backed out of mineral rights lease
- Woman says exterminator didn't pay wages after firing
- Son claims father’s death at Glenwood Park a result of negligence
- Logan man says former employer retaliated against him
- Man alleges Transworld engaged in illegal debt collection