CHARLESTON - A Kanawha County woman has filed a suit against two other county residents, claiming they damaged her car and stalked her family.
Dawn Fujita filed the suit July 16 in Kanawha Circuit Court against Chester "Chet" Roberts III and Adam Rogers. Fujita filed the suit on behalf of Adam and Ethan Fujita.
According to the suit, Roberts and Rogers sprayed silly string on a 1997 Toyota Tercel owned by Fujita and driven by Adam and Ethan Fujita.
Roberts and Rogers also allegedly wrote derogatory and demeaning comments on the car, such as "fag" and "queer," the suit says.
The men then continued to stalk the Fujitas, going to their family business and residence, in an effort to intimidate and harass them. According to the suit, Roberts and Rogers made derogatory and demeaning comments, calling the Fujitas "Japs" and other offensive, racist and derogatory names.
Dawn Fujita claims her property has been damaged and her family has suffered emotional distress because of Roberts and Rogers's actions.
She seeks property, monetary and punitive damages.
Attorney John R. Fouter is representing Fujita. The case has been assigned to Judge Paul Zakaib.
Kanawha Circuit Court case number 08-C-1365
- Morrisey gets 'critical victory' on EPA 'Waters' plan
- Former inmate sues Southern Regional Jail staff, facility over assault and battery allegations
- Texas company seeks to void contract with Costonia Station over title dispute
- Putnam Co. couple seeks damages for vehicle purchase over alleged violations of Lemon Law
- Estate sues Thomas Memorial Hospital after negligent procedure allegedly caused man's death
- Vacated Fayette Town Center space leads to breach of lease suit
- New York family sues WVU, fraternity for son's death
- Bankruptcy case for Freedom Industries gets final approval
- Federal jury awards $1.6M to Ohio woman in DuPont C8 lawsuit
- Traders Bank sues to recover allegedly unpaid portion of loan