CHARLESTON - A Kanawha County woman has filed a suit against two other county residents, claiming they damaged her car and stalked her family.
Dawn Fujita filed the suit July 16 in Kanawha Circuit Court against Chester "Chet" Roberts III and Adam Rogers. Fujita filed the suit on behalf of Adam and Ethan Fujita.
According to the suit, Roberts and Rogers sprayed silly string on a 1997 Toyota Tercel owned by Fujita and driven by Adam and Ethan Fujita.
Roberts and Rogers also allegedly wrote derogatory and demeaning comments on the car, such as "fag" and "queer," the suit says.
The men then continued to stalk the Fujitas, going to their family business and residence, in an effort to intimidate and harass them. According to the suit, Roberts and Rogers made derogatory and demeaning comments, calling the Fujitas "Japs" and other offensive, racist and derogatory names.
Dawn Fujita claims her property has been damaged and her family has suffered emotional distress because of Roberts and Rogers's actions.
She seeks property, monetary and punitive damages.
Attorney John R. Fouter is representing Fujita. The case has been assigned to Judge Paul Zakaib.
Kanawha Circuit Court case number 08-C-1365
- Motorist sues for alleged negligence in collision
- Suit against Hampton Inn alleges bug infestation
- Auto wholesaler seeks to move sexual harassment claim to federal court
- State Farm asks to move liability case from state to federal court
- Law firm continues free Valentine's Day divorce for eighth year
- Former SC candidate Rowe retiring as circuit judge
- Which way, West Virginia?
- W.Va, other states file reply in Clean Power Plan stay request
- Fighting disability fraud to protect Social Security
- Disabled woman accuses federal prison where she worked of discrimination