CHARLESTON - A Kanawha County man has filed a suit claiming a physician misread a CT scan and caused him to lose his right testicle.
Jonathan Crawford filed the suit July 25 in Kanawha Circuit Court against Dr. J. Anton, a radiologist.
According to the suit, Crawford was a patient in the Charleston Area Medical Center Emergency Room on April 21, 2006. Crawford had complaints of abdominal pain.
A CT scan was performed that reported mild ileus and normal appendix, the suit says. The scan was read by Anton.
Crawford returned two days later and was diagnosed with right testicular infarction. He had immediate surgery that resulted in the loss of his testicle.
According to the suit, Anton was negligent by failing to refer Crawford for further testing. Crawford claims he endured unnecessary annoyance and inconvenience, emotional distress, past medical expenses, pain and suffering as well as the loss of his testicle.
Attorney Paul M. Stroebel is representing Crawford. The case has been assigned to Judge Tod Kaufman.
Kanawha Circuit Court case number 08-C-1445
- Father alleges Oak Hill police caused son's fatal car wreck
- Teen accuses driver allegedly responsible for car wreck of causing injuries
- Morrisey: States have no legal obligation to comply with halted Clean Power Plan
- Legal assistant loses 110 pounds, makes it on magazine cover
- Man blames state DOH for Mingo Co. accident
- Justices order new 'in camera' review of documents
- Morrisey to meet with state law firms
- Landowners accuse Capital Land Services, others of breach of mineral lease contracts
- Worker injured on construction project alleges Triton violated safety standards
- Bank officer accuses MetLife of refusing to honor her disability claim