CHARLESTON - A Kanawha County man has filed a suit claiming a physician misread a CT scan and caused him to lose his right testicle.
Jonathan Crawford filed the suit July 25 in Kanawha Circuit Court against Dr. J. Anton, a radiologist.
According to the suit, Crawford was a patient in the Charleston Area Medical Center Emergency Room on April 21, 2006. Crawford had complaints of abdominal pain.
A CT scan was performed that reported mild ileus and normal appendix, the suit says. The scan was read by Anton.
Crawford returned two days later and was diagnosed with right testicular infarction. He had immediate surgery that resulted in the loss of his testicle.
According to the suit, Anton was negligent by failing to refer Crawford for further testing. Crawford claims he endured unnecessary annoyance and inconvenience, emotional distress, past medical expenses, pain and suffering as well as the loss of his testicle.
Attorney Paul M. Stroebel is representing Crawford. The case has been assigned to Judge Tod Kaufman.
Kanawha Circuit Court case number 08-C-1445
- SDW Electric sued for allegedly unpaid debts
- Workers accuse Republic Energy of firing over safety complaints, age
- Beckley HVAC firm seeks restitution from Norco Construction for unpaid bills
- Repo man seeks possession of final paycheck
- Woman accuses Marion Co. Coal of discrimination, retaliation
- A&R Logistics says Kenworth truck caused fire damage
- Six employees accuse Mason BOE of wage underpayment
- Randolph Co. church sues over banning of property sale
- Ohio Co. judge OKs $18 million settlement in wrongful death lawsuit
- Calif. governor says Morrisey, Texas AG grandstanding on climate issue