CHARLESTON - A Kanawha County man has filed a suit claiming a physician misread a CT scan and caused him to lose his right testicle.
Jonathan Crawford filed the suit July 25 in Kanawha Circuit Court against Dr. J. Anton, a radiologist.
According to the suit, Crawford was a patient in the Charleston Area Medical Center Emergency Room on April 21, 2006. Crawford had complaints of abdominal pain.
A CT scan was performed that reported mild ileus and normal appendix, the suit says. The scan was read by Anton.
Crawford returned two days later and was diagnosed with right testicular infarction. He had immediate surgery that resulted in the loss of his testicle.
According to the suit, Anton was negligent by failing to refer Crawford for further testing. Crawford claims he endured unnecessary annoyance and inconvenience, emotional distress, past medical expenses, pain and suffering as well as the loss of his testicle.
Attorney Paul M. Stroebel is representing Crawford. The case has been assigned to Judge Tod Kaufman.
Kanawha Circuit Court case number 08-C-1445
- AG's office files complaint against alarm company
- Morrisey praises USSC ruling on church rights
- Justice remand United Bank fraud case
- Dirt biker blames CSX, others for injuries
- State Farm agent sues over assistant’s job move
- Woman accuses nursing home of neglect
- Miner alleges employer broke law following injury
- Former judge alleges libel, malicious prosecution
- Couple invokes lemon law in Chevy purchase
- Customer blames grocer after slip and fall