THIS JUST IN: Berkeley County
Beth Henry Oct. 3, 2008, 2:00am
Sheldon Forney, administrator of the estate of Elizabeth J. Terry a/k/a Mary Elizabeth Johnson Terry vs. Luke E. Terry Jr.
PA - Michael Scales; J - Christopher Wilkes
* The plaintiff was awarded judgment against the defendant for $521,000 in a July 23 order in Sussex County Superior Court in Delaware. The notice of filing of a foreign judgment was filed in Berkeley County Circuit Court.
Case number: 08-C-1160
Clifford Friend and Samantha Friend vs. Carlos R. Villeda
PA - David Jackson; J - Gray Silver
* The plaintiffs claim that Villeda was negligent and caused a vehicle accident on Sept. 15, 2006, on Interstate 81 when he attempted to move into the lane where the plaintiffs were traveling. The plaintiffs suffered severe and permanent injuries, and they are seeking at least $200,000 in damages.
Case number: 08-C-1162
TNA Entertainment LLC and Robert Musselman vs. The Planning Commission of Berkeley County and Stefanie Morton, in her official capacity as planning director
PA - Floyd Sayre; J - Christopher Wilkes
* The plaintiffs claim the defendants lacked authority to impose a cease and desist order against the plaintiffs in regard to the operation of an adult entertainment business in Berkeley County. They are seeking that the court issue a preliminary injunction.
Case number: 08-C-1172
Ann P. Moats vs. Weis Markets Inc.
PA - Harry Waddell; J - Christopher Wilkes
* Moats claims that she was shopping in the defendant's Martinsburg grocery store on Sept. 25, 2006, when she was injured after she slipped on applesauce that had been left in the aisle by an employee who had cleaned up a broken jar. The plaintiff claims the defendant was negligent and failed to warn customers of the unsafe condition, and she is seeking up to $74,500 in relief.
Case number: 08-C-1184
FMCC d/b/a Land Rover Capital Group vs. Charles Jury and Sherri J. Jury
PA - Edna Coulter; J - Gray Silver
* The plaintiff claims the defendants are past due on payments for a 2006 Land Rover in accordance with a loan agreement from March 15, 2007. FMCC is seeking at least $37,026.04 plus interest.
Case number: 08-C-1186