Kim Tomblin v. WCHS-TV
PA-Jay Love; J-David M. Pancake
* Tomblin operates a daycare in Barboursville. On July 17, 2008, WCHS aired a segment on its new broadcast that detailed allegations of sexual misconduct by one of the children at her daycare. Tomblin claims WCHS aired the information knowing it was false and is suing for defamation of character. She is seeking compensatory and punitive damages.
Case number: 08-C-878
Deborah Nance v. Heiner's Bakery, Inc., Sara Lee Corporation
PA-David Grubb, Kristina Whiteaker; J-John L. Cummings
* Nance was a janitor at Heiner's Bakery and claims she was harassed by her male co-workers. The suit alleges she was routinely assigned to more difficult and demeaning tasks than her male counterparts. She also alleges her co-workers harassed her by greasing her mop handles, stealing her tools and tampering with her food. She was eventually fired and is suing under the West Virginia Human Rights Act. She's also seeking a permanent injunction requiring Heiner's to establish a training program on sex discrimination. She's also seeking compensatory and punitive damages.
Case number: 08-C-899
Robert W. Valentine v. Jim Smith dba West End Recycling
PA-Robert Cline; J-David M. Pancake
* Valentine was at West End Recycling, a scrap metal dealer, when he was allegedly attacked by a Rottweiler that he claims belonged to Smith. The suit claims the dog was running loose within the city limits of Huntington, a violation of state and municipal laws. He is seeking compensatory and punitive damages.
Case number: 08-C-924
- Belmont Co. woman accuses Russell Nesbitt Services of gender discrimination
- Marshall landowners accuse utility companies in lease dispute
- AG's office reaches $13 million settlement with CashCall
- Counsel: Now it's work for conservation group that bought mines
- WVU law professor's book on human rights published
- Good gravy!
- Woman claims Chesapeake backed out of mineral rights lease
- Woman says exterminator didn't pay wages after firing
- Son claims father’s death at Glenwood Park a result of negligence
- Logan man says former employer retaliated against him