Jerry W. Herdman vs. Matthew Gibson
PA-pro se; J-Eagloski
* Herdman of Buzz Food Services says Gibson owes $5,067.23 for food sold to his for his businesses in Frazier's Bottom and in Coal Grove, Ohio. He seeks that amount plus court costs.
Case number: 08-C-348
Michael R. Wills dba Ace Entertainment vs. Jason Keith Barnhouse, Boars Nest Saloon LLC and Revelation Choppers LLC
PA-pro se; J-Eagloski
* Wills says Barnhouse has refused to pay his share of company losses for the months of August and September in Ace Entertainment. He says Barnhouse owes $16,922.15. Wills says he has incurred extra bank fees. He says Barnhouse agreed to sponsor The Fund in the Sun Music Festival on Sept. 7 at the Old Number 8 bar in Charleston by selling beer at th event and donating 25 percent of the earnings for expenses. Wills also said he paid $3,000 for advertising and $1,800 for a live radio remote. He estimates losses at $25,000 plus the cost of advertising. Wills also says Barnhouse didn't provide a custom chopper for a giveaway. Wills estimates $12,500 in ticket sales and an extra $15,000 in concession sales was lost. He seeks $16,922.15, plus $1,000 for expenses incurred because of a breach of contract. He also seeks $4,800 for advertising expenses and $12,500 in punitive damages to be paid to Operation Homefront.
Case number: 08-C-350
David A. Lomax vs. Hurricane Chevrolet Inc.
PA-Timothy J. LaFon; J-Eagloski
* Lomax bought a 2005 Ford F-150 truck from the dealer in July 2007. The dealer told Lomax the truck never had been in an accident, and he bought it for $25,586.51. He later learned the vehicle had been invovled in several accidents. The defendant refused the recission of the contract and the return of the truck. Claiming fraud and breach, Lomax seeks recission of the contract as well as punitive damages and other relief.
Case number 08-C-351
- Big Lots delayed distribution of final paycheck, suit alleges
- Triad Engineering sues for payment for services rendered last year
- Babcock Lumber claims Fertig Cabinet owes sum for goods
- Wrongful death charge brought against Eldercare of Jackson County, administrator
- Fayette County man claims fellow employee assaulted him
- Belmont Co. woman accuses Russell Nesbitt Services of gender discrimination
- Marshall landowners accuse utility companies in lease dispute
- AG's office reaches $13 million settlement with CashCall
- Counsel: Now it's work for conservation group that bought mines
- WVU law professor's book on human rights published